Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mazibee
    • By mazibee 15th Apr 19, 1:29 PM
    • 85Posts
    • 3Thanks
    mazibee
    Santander FTB - Next Steps
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:29 PM
    Santander FTB - Next Steps 15th Apr 19 at 1:29 PM
    Hi All,

Initially the AIP was from HALIFAX and lender MA opted for Santander at the end.

We are first time buyers , MA submitted application on Friday April 12, 2019 and we received an email and text message in afternoon.

In the email we have received a reference number starting with AA******* but can not check the progress online at the website

https://www.santanderforintermediaries.co.uk/submit-and-track-business/tracking-an-application/

I have tried using the post code as password but no luck , rang the help centre, but they told me that this line for brokers.

As we both are employed , our emplyers will be contacted for financial verifications or details will checked with HMRC

Can anyone please tell me what will be the next steps regarding approval , valuation of the property?

Thanks in advance.

Mazi
Page 1
    • LRmortgage
    • By LRmortgage 15th Apr 19, 6:01 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    LRmortgage
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:01 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:01 PM
    You won’t be able to track your application with Santander.
    The intermediaries site needs several passwords and codes to get into and is just for brokers.
    Your broker should be guiding you as to progress and next steps, that’s what they’re there for.
    Santander have a bit of a back log at the moment, but if your supporting docs have been sent, then I would expect you’ll hear back within 4 or 5 days.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • mazibee
    • By mazibee 15th Apr 19, 6:49 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mazibee
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:49 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:49 PM
    You won’t be able to track your application with Santander.
    The intermediaries site needs several passwords and codes to get into and is just for brokers.
    Your broker should be guiding you as to progress and next steps, that’s what they’re there for.
    Santander have a bit of a back log at the moment, but if your supporting docs have been sent, then I would expect you’ll hear back within 4 or 5 days.
    Originally posted by LRmortgage

This information was updated on Monday 15 April, 5.00 pm
    Residential average offer time

10.0 days

Buy to Let average offer time

11.6 days

All residential and BTL applications in progress

We're setting up applications received on 15 April

We're checking supporting documents received on 15 April

We're responding to broker messages received on 15 April

We're reviewing applications sent to our underwriters on 15 April
    Last edited by mazibee; 15-04-2019 at 6:59 PM.
    • mazibee
    • By mazibee 16th Apr 19, 10:40 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mazibee
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:40 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:40 AM
    Solicitors are asking for 300 to start the searches, is it OK to pay them now or shall I wait for any update from the lender as I have no idea how long it will take to receice the offer / vaulations.

Sorry for these asking noob questions.
    • jlaw4
    • By jlaw4 16th Apr 19, 2:11 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    jlaw4
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:11 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:11 PM
    i've always waited but the choice is yours.

If you start the searches beforehand and something goes awry (not saying it will) you won't get that money back.

equally, starting them after the offer can delay things as you might've had them back by the time the offer is sent.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,650Posts Today

7,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin