Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aubrey Thicket
    • By Aubrey Thicket 15th Apr 19, 12:45 PM
    • 263Posts
    • 70Thanks
    Aubrey Thicket
    Items purchased from store are possible fakes? Where do we stand?
    • 15th Apr 19, 12:45 PM
    Items purchased from store are possible fakes? Where do we stand? 15th Apr 19 at 12:45 PM
    Hi all

My sons girlfriend bought him a pair of trainers for his birthday from a well known store. I hate to say it but these trainers cost a very lot of money. I certainly wouldn't have paid it but that's their choice. Anyway, the girlfriend handed him the trainers but they were too big. Therefore, in line with procedure my son sent them back to the companies warehouse (not back to the store). The replacements duly arrived and all seemed well until the trainers started falling to bits. So, my son Emailled the company and they told him to take them to a store. In the meanwhile my son hears from 'bloke down the pub' that this store made national headlines recently by selling customers fake goods!
    So back at the shop my son tells the store manager his fears about the items being fake and the trainers being faulty. The store manager inspects them and says they are not fake because each pair of these designer trainers is different. So, we still have the trainers now with the stitching coming undone. Any advice from here guys?
Page 1
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 15th Apr 19, 12:57 PM
    • 3,475 Posts
    • 4,691 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 15th Apr 19, 12:57 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 12:57 PM
    It would help if you named the store and the brand of trainers, otherwise none of us are any wiser than the "bloke down the pub". If they're faulty, your consumer rights apply.
    Last edited by Aylesbury Duck; 15-04-2019 at 1:02 PM.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 15th Apr 19, 1:00 PM
    • 10,898 Posts
    • 11,998 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:00 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:00 PM
    Surely the fact they're falling apart is rather more important than whether they're fake or not?

this store made national headlines recently by selling customers fake goods!
    Have you found these national headlines?
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 15th Apr 19, 1:48 PM
    • 12,834 Posts
    • 9,614 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:48 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:48 PM
    n the meanwhile my son hears from 'bloke down the pub' that this store made national headlines recently by selling customers fake goods!
    Originally posted by Aubrey Thicket
    I think that says all you need to know really

If this so-called "well known store" had hit the national headlines by selling fake goods Trading Standards would've dealt with long before now.You should advise your son not to believe anything he hears down the pub.
    Last edited by neilmcl; 15-04-2019 at 1:50 PM.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 15th Apr 19, 3:18 PM
    • 22,397 Posts
    • 18,412 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 15th Apr 19, 3:18 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 3:18 PM
    This is the only thing that came up in my search, although I wouldn't say that a story in the Dudley News would really count as "national headlines".

https://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/15596084.shoe-shop-boss-fined-for-selling-fake-trainers/
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 15th Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    • 6,176 Posts
    • 4,665 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 15th Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    If they are fakes the company whose name is on the trainers will want to know. Have you contacted them?
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 15th Apr 19, 4:46 PM
    • 1,028 Posts
    • 1,575 Thanks
    camelot1971
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:46 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:46 PM
    Like a lot of things in life, price does not equal quality. If the trainers were designed for collectors rather than actual use, it doesn't surprise me that they wore out quickly.
    • Wanderingpomm
    • By Wanderingpomm 15th Apr 19, 6:16 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    Wanderingpomm
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:16 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:16 PM
    If it was sports direct, I bought what i’m I’m sure were fake trainers from them as they fell apart within a month.

I complained to ASICS and then took them back and got a replacement
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

987Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin