Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • angel3130
    • By angel3130 15th Apr 19, 12:31 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    angel3130
    Myparkingcharge
    • 15th Apr 19, 12:31 PM
    Myparkingcharge 15th Apr 19 at 12:31 PM
    I recieved a NTD on my windscreen from myparkingcharge in January for overstaying in a free car park. Ive ignored all letters but have now received a Letter Before Claim. Ive read the newbies thread but im really confused as to what i need to send now?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 12:35 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,563 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Apr 19, 12:35 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 12:35 PM
    Concentrate on #2 in the newbies faq thread

That gives comprehensive step by step advice on how to deal with this
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 19, 4:53 PM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:53 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:53 PM
    now received a Letter Before Claim. Ive read the newbies thread but im really confused as to what I need to send now?
    Why? The LBC section of the NEWBIES thread tells you what to do.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-04-2019 at 6:01 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Apr 19, 5:36 PM
    • 12,626 Posts
    • 12,842 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:36 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:36 PM
    Get your MP on side.

On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

39Posts Today

1,266Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin