Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kimplus8
    • By kimplus8 15th Apr 19, 11:06 AM
    • 727Posts
    • 2,178Thanks
    kimplus8
    no payslips and wrong P45
    • 15th Apr 19, 11:06 AM
    no payslips and wrong P45 15th Apr 19 at 11:06 AM
    I have recently left employment.
    my leaving date was 1st march and I had 4 weeks of sick leave leading up to this.
    I gave my notice on 1st feb and explained to my employer that as I was going to be on long term sic I didn't think it was fair for me to stay with the company so to take that as my 4 weeks notice, for which I followed up in writing and submitted my doctors notes for the sickness period.
    My employers HR submitted to HMRC that I left on 15th feb. No sick pay, no holiday that I was owed and have no sent me an e-payslip.
    They have said there is nothing that they can do about it and that now it is submitted its not their problem and to speak to my line manage (in the store branch) as they have not sent them any info other than the supposed leaving date of 15th.
    I have phoned and emailed but have had no response.
    My housing benefit has been frozen as I am unable to send them my last payslip and they believe I left 2 weeks before I actually did. I have no proof of anything other than the incorrect p45. Now tax credits are queuing my leaving date. What can I do?
    sorry if I'm ranting, I just need this sorted asap or me and the kids are gonna end up in the poop with rent and bills.
    Im so worried and stressed.
    Dave Ramsey and Martin Lewis are my Money Saving Heros.
Page 1
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 15th Apr 19, 2:56 PM
    • 19,526 Posts
    • 20,276 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:56 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:56 PM
    What does your contract say your notice period is?

Assuming it says this is a month, write to your employers.

Head the letter 'letter before action' and say that

- you resigned on 1st Feb giving 4 weeks' notice, as per your contract. Attach a copy of your resignation letter which states this. Explain that they have paid you only until 15th Feb, and they thus owe you for the period between 16th Feb and 1st March.

- state that you have also calculated that the holiday owing to you at your leaving date is (show your workings!)

- state that you will pursue this debt through MCOL if the money is not forthcoming by (2 weks after date of letter).

- state that their error in this matter is also costing you money as you are unable to claim benefits until they report your leaving date accurately, and you will be looking to them for this money.

Sorry, I know this doesn't put any money into your hands today, but this is likely to be the quickest way of resolving this. If you don't have a copy of your contract, ask them to email you one.
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 15th Apr 19, 2:59 PM
    • 3,528 Posts
    • 1,866 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:59 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:59 PM
    How frustrating, time for pen & paper or print of email and send recorded delivery as phonecalls and emails can be ignored/deleted, give it a week and then follow up using proof of delivery as proof of attempting escalation for any party it concerns.

Not wishing to make excuses (I have found a lot of people in the work world do seem to be holidaying at this time.)

Hope you get answers soonest.
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • kimplus8
    • By kimplus8 15th Apr 19, 4:12 PM
    • 727 Posts
    • 2,178 Thanks
    kimplus8
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:12 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:12 PM
    great help, will print off emails and write to them tomorrow stating what you have said above.
    • kimplus8
    • By kimplus8 15th Apr 19, 6:06 PM
    • 727 Posts
    • 2,178 Thanks
    kimplus8
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:06 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:06 PM
    What does your contract say your notice period is?
    Originally posted by jobbingmusician
    It says 4 weeks notice in my contract. I gave notice on 1st feb so to me that is 1st march.
    I've had emails going back to them all day, I have spoken to payroll after being on hold for 45 mins!!!
    they have apparently had to delegate my email to several different people as the sick pay is dealt with by one person and the p45 by another. they have just said they also won't process it until the following payroll so as I sent them copies of my sick not via email today (god knows where the originals went once I gave them to my manager) they won't actually process it until mays payroll.
    I am actually pooped for money if thats the case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,528Posts Today

7,208Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin