Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jojobinks78
    • By Jojobinks78 15th Apr 19, 8:57 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jojobinks78
    Astra alarm lights going off all the time
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:57 AM
    Astra alarm lights going off all the time 15th Apr 19 at 8:57 AM
    Has anyone experienced this?

I have an astra 58 plate and the alarm lights keep flashing no alarm sound. It is happening all the time sporadically which in turn is making my battery flat. Writing to alarm has been checked and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Any ideas, its driving me crazy having to keep jump starting the car. TIA
Page 1
    • mobileron
    • By mobileron 15th Apr 19, 9:12 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    mobileron
    • 15th Apr 19, 9:12 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 9:12 AM
    Seems like your sounder on the alarm is faulty.
    • gabitzul
    • By gabitzul 16th Apr 19, 9:50 AM
    • 257 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    gabitzul
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:50 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:50 AM
    Had similar on my Merc a while ago, turned out the battery was on its way out. If in doubt, just replace it - mine was the original Varta one (10yrs old) and passed all checks, but only after I replaced it the issue went away.

Batteries can cause all sorts of weird issues like this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,427Posts Today

4,112Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin