Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anotheruser
    • By anotheruser 15th Apr 19, 8:17 AM
    • 2,712Posts
    • 1,568Thanks
    anotheruser
    Virgin Media Contract Date Query
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:17 AM
    Virgin Media Contract Date Query 15th Apr 19 at 8:17 AM
    I've changed some dates but that doesn't matter.

My Virgin Media contract states it "started on 1st January 2017" but also says "Your agreement started on 1st May 2018". This is also reflected underneath where it says "date of change". I think had a change around this time for money off (no services changed).

The contract is for 12 months.

Which date do I use so I know when the contract is over?

I know Virgin say a change means a new contract but I can't help but feel they try it on by saying that. If it's true, why would that information not be under the start date of the contract? IE, a new contract?

If I challenged them, would I be entitled to walk away penalty free after the 1st January 2018 date?
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Apr 19, 11:54 AM
    • 12,133 Posts
    • 5,464 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 15th Apr 19, 11:54 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 11:54 AM
    From 1st Jan 2018 where you paying full price ?
    If not contract ends 1st may 2019 as its a new contract .
    But VM are the ones to ask .
    • anotheruser
    • By anotheruser 16th Apr 19, 2:47 PM
    • 2,712 Posts
    • 1,568 Thanks
    anotheruser
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:47 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:47 PM
    The problem is, Virgin Media will always say it's a new contract, even when it isn't, or the contract I have in my hand says otherwise.

They tried this before but I said the contract I have doesn't state that. They checked and conceded in their thrust of "new contract".

I have never paid full price as I've always had some sort of discount.

It's just confusing as the new contract should have the new date on the contract under "start date", surely?
    • Chesheer
    • By Chesheer 16th Apr 19, 3:32 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Chesheer
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:32 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:32 PM
    Call to Virgin Media customer support.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,350Posts Today

6,986Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin