Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fleetingmind
    • By fleetingmind 15th Apr 19, 6:52 AM
    • 418Posts
    • 60Thanks
    fleetingmind
    New Look Store Card - Ikano Say No Account Found
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:52 AM
    New Look Store Card - Ikano Say No Account Found 15th Apr 19 at 6:52 AM
    My wife 100% had a store card in about 2004 and probably had PPI on it. However when we've written to the Ikano with past address and names they came back saying no account found. Which isn't true at all as I had to bail her out to pay it off!!

Is there something we can do?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th Apr 19, 7:02 AM
    • 21,678 Posts
    • 23,572 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:02 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:02 AM
    It's absolutely true. They cannot find the account.

You will have to send them your evidence of the PPI payments she made, along with your mis sale reasons.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th Apr 19, 7:18 AM
    • 23,460 Posts
    • 12,855 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:18 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:18 AM
    It's twelve years since you held the card and the Bank are under no obligation to keep records of closed accounts for longer than they might need them. Records are typically deleted after six years. From what you say, you don't have any documentary evidence either and you are not even certain that you had PPI.

Time to move on from this....
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 15th Apr 19, 8:53 AM
    • 97,962 Posts
    • 66,121 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:53 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:53 AM
    My wife 100% had a store card in about 2004 and probably had PPI on it.
    Most people did not have PPI. So, statistically, you probably did not. However, if you were prone to having PPI on other things, then its more likely you took out multiple PPI on various cards/loans.

they came back saying no account found. Which isn't true at all as I had to bail her out to pay it off!!
    That is not evidence they cannot find it. If it is not a currently open card, then the destruction of records will happen quicker than those that are currently open. DPA then GDPR requires the destruction of unnecessary records that are no longer required. In financial services, that typically means around 6 years (although some hold longer).

They are required to use any statements that you have which show PPI on them though. So, give them a copy of your records.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 15th Apr 19, 5:03 PM
    • 1,583 Posts
    • 903 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:03 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:03 PM
    My wife 100% had a store card in about 2004 and probably had PPI on it. However when we've written to the Ikano with past address and names they came back saying no account found. Which isn't true at all as I had to bail her out to pay it off!!

Is there something we can do?
    Originally posted by fleetingmind
    Yes send them phot-copies of your statements showing the account number and the PPI paid on them.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

1,833Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin