Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • auldblerk
    • By auldblerk 14th Apr 19, 7:27 PM
    • 770Posts
    • 781Thanks
    auldblerk
    Item location irritation
    • 14th Apr 19, 7:27 PM
    Item location irritation 14th Apr 19 at 7:27 PM
    Had this problem for a while and hope somebody here has the remedy.
    My address is registered but everytime I sell something, the default item location shows my old address I left 11 years ago !
    Gets irritating changing it everytime I sell junk; I've been through all my personal information and there is nothing connected with my old address.
    Can't find a way of contacting E-Bay over this subject, just go round and round in circles.
    Anybody have a solution ?
    Cheers
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th Apr 19, 8:12 PM
    • 17,132 Posts
    • 13,309 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 14th Apr 19, 8:12 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 8:12 PM
    If you scroll down to the very bottom of a listing , in edit, it says " item location" and gives you the option to change

Or
    https://itstillworks.com/change-item-location-ebay-20766.html
    Last edited by hollydays; 14-04-2019 at 8:31 PM.
    • auldblerk
    • By auldblerk 15th Apr 19, 6:34 AM
    • 770 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    auldblerk
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:34 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:34 AM
    Thanks but that's the problem, I need to alter from my old address on every selling page I'm listing and it gets rather tedious, even if something doesn't sell and I re-list it reverts back to my old location
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 15th Apr 19, 12:44 PM
    • 6,181 Posts
    • 5,622 Thanks
    mgdavid
    • 15th Apr 19, 12:44 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 12:44 PM
    Try using templates, if they have the correct location it should be correct on every new listing you do using that template.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • auldblerk
    • By auldblerk 15th Apr 19, 2:36 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    auldblerk
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:36 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:36 PM
    Try using templates, if they have the correct location it should be correct on every new listing you do using that template.
    Originally posted by mgdavid

Thanks, will try that next time
    • pikachoiioo
    • By pikachoiioo 15th Apr 19, 4:28 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    pikachoiioo
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:28 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:28 PM
    Are you sure you cannot edit multiple items at the same time?

For example in my ebay I can select 200 listings and edit them all in bulk.

I sometimes change the dispatch days so that they are all 3 days or sometimes I change them all to 2, I can also edit the location of all my listings in bulk.
    • auldblerk
    • By auldblerk 16th Apr 19, 4:58 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    auldblerk
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:58 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:58 PM
    Are you sure you cannot edit multiple items at the same time?

For example in my ebay I can select 200 listings and edit them all in bulk.

I sometimes change the dispatch days so that they are all 3 days or sometimes I change them all to 2, I can also edit the location of all my listings in bulk.
    Originally posted by pikachoiioo

I didn't know you could do that but thanks, I'll have a look
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Apr 19, 6:13 PM
    • 61,875 Posts
    • 44,352 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:13 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:13 PM
    I didn't know you could do that but thanks, I'll have a look
    Originally posted by auldblerk
    You might not be able to, I can bulk edit on my business account but don't have the facility to do so on my private account.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 17th Apr 19, 3:59 PM
    • 1,277 Posts
    • 750 Thanks
    Archergirl
    • 17th Apr 19, 3:59 PM
    • 17th Apr 19, 3:59 PM
    Phone them, I have always found them helpful.
    • auldblerk
    • By auldblerk 17th Apr 19, 5:17 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    auldblerk
    Phone them, I have always found them helpful.
    Originally posted by Archergirl

I used to phone them whenever I had a problem but I can't find the phone number now, it seems to have been buried away; tried to do a query by using their form in the hope the phone number would eventually come up as an option but hit a dead end
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 17th Apr 19, 5:30 PM
    • 11,997 Posts
    • 26,173 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    I have a similar issue.

Whenever I go to print a postage label off it says their is a problem with my address.

For some reason it shows the house name and road on one line and I have to change it.

I click on save changes and it is ok for that one time but it always goes back to being wrong again.

Also on my account I cannot buy postage with Royal Mail although I can with the other options.

My OH does not have this problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,083Posts Today

5,003Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin