Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Debtfreestudentnurse
    • By Debtfreestudentnurse 14th Apr 19, 9:48 AM
    • 46Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Debtfreestudentnurse
    Lowell - advice please
    • 14th Apr 19, 9:48 AM
    Lowell - advice please 14th Apr 19 at 9:48 AM
    Myself and my husband are in a DMP and have been for 4 years.

Lowell have control of two debts, one of mine, one of my husbands.

The DMP is paid on the same day each month, with payments then received by creditors 10 days later.

Lowell, every month since they bought both debts are recording Ďlate paymentí on each.

My husband disputed it via Noddle, and received a letter stating Lowell have not responded and the debt is temporarily hidden from credit files, but Lowell can add it back on at any time.

I spoke to Lowell directly regarding mine and was told it would be sent to the complaints department. That was three weeks ago, and no response so far.

How do I move forward and get these debts recorded properly if the creditor doesnít respond?
Page 2
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Apr 19, 8:14 PM
    • 17,006 Posts
    • 16,023 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Just as an aside, I think Lowell now have permissions so they can hold non defaulted debts. However, it would be much better to get the account defaulted then 6 years on it will vanish.
    Originally posted by Warwick65
    I must admit I have seen this on more than one occasion recently, but cannot get a definitive response from the ministry of justice or the financial conduct authority as to which legislation they are purchasing these non default accounts under.

Creditors have always been free to sell on accounts at their own discretion, but rarely use that option unless the account defaults, could be Lowell have seen a gap in the market whereby they can purchase non defaulted accounts and still charge interest on them, except it states on their website they donít add fees or interest.

All quite confusing really, especially for the debtor.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 15th Apr 19, 8:22 PM
    • 4,125 Posts
    • 2,608 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    It’s not attitude.

It was explained several times what you need to do.

And still now.
    • Debtfreestudentnurse
    • By Debtfreestudentnurse 15th Apr 19, 9:12 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Debtfreestudentnurse
    And the advice was taken. Iíve not added anything to this thread today.
    • A_DMP_Vetereran
    • By A_DMP_Vetereran 15th Apr 19, 9:48 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    A_DMP_Vetereran
    Lowell bought my debt from Barclaycard back in 2016 which hadn't yet been defaulted. Surprisingly they have actually done me a favour as they have never added a default or any late payment or AP markers.

Now it's paid off it looks like a well managed account.

Surprising isn't it how people can have such different experiences with the same company
    Last edited by A_DMP_Vetereran; 15-04-2019 at 9:51 PM.
    • Debtfreestudentnurse
    • By Debtfreestudentnurse 15th Apr 19, 9:52 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Debtfreestudentnurse
    I’ve spoken with Lowell today and opened a complaint. They can’t give me a reason why they are recording late payments due to ‘computer issues’.

Oddly the original creditors have said the account definitely defaulted before it was sold on, Lowell are adamant it hasn’t. They wouldn’t give me any dates or further details, instead telling me to contact Lowell as they now own it.

I’ve sent a letter requesting the default details so I’ll see what happens.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

503Posts Today

5,184Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin