Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CandyCane
    • By CandyCane 13th Apr 19, 9:22 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 8Thanks
    CandyCane
    Paid the "all day" tariff in two transaction - issued PCN
    • 13th Apr 19, 9:22 AM
    Paid the "all day" tariff in two transaction - issued PCN 13th Apr 19 at 9:22 AM
    I'm past the demand for payment stage, but have yet to receive an LBC.

I paid for two tickets whose sum match that for the "All day" tariff. Reading the signs of the car park it mentions nothing of this being allowed or disallowed. Moreover the sign that mentions the name of the BPA member (who have sent me demands, Minster Baywatch Ltd) does not indicate any tariff, only that one must be paid. The sign indicating the tariff mentions the name of an entirely difference company who I could not find on the BPA or IPC lists.

edit to add:

The two receipts were issued some time apart, initially at 11:10 for 2 (1-3h) and then at 15:43 for (0-1h) totalling 3 which is the all day rate. I appreciate this does leave a gap of 33 minutes between tickets, however the machine (operated by the unknown company Bransby Wilson Parking Solutions) states that "You must purchase the maximum tariff and pay pay on the same day as parking" which I do believe I have complied with.

Not sure what the next stage is, wait for LBC? Go to POPLA? If I go down POPLA appeal route, would I need to send Minster Baywatch Ltd an SAR, with follow on demands for the to restrict the processing of my data or is it too late for that? NtK date of issue was 1/3/2019
    Last edited by CandyCane; 13-04-2019 at 9:52 AM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Apr 19, 9:45 AM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,594 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Apr 19, 9:45 AM
    • 13th Apr 19, 9:45 AM
    Everyone is asked to read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to get an understanding of the game you are now caught up in and the process should it get to court
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Apr 19, 10:04 AM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Apr 19, 10:04 AM
    • 13th Apr 19, 10:04 AM
    I think that, if they took this to court they might struggle with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_proferentem

Complain to your MP, they are drawing up a new regulations to control these scammers.

On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • CandyCane
    • By CandyCane 13th Apr 19, 11:05 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    CandyCane
    • 13th Apr 19, 11:05 AM
    • 13th Apr 19, 11:05 AM
    Thanks for your reply Quentin - I did read the newbies thread however was unable to determine the correct course of action. I will read again with a cup of tea, perhaps I missed something.

The Deep - this looks like an interesting facet to the law which, if applicable, may work to my favour. I will investigate further. Thanks for pointing to this information.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Apr 19, 11:11 AM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Apr 19, 11:11 AM
    • 13th Apr 19, 11:11 AM
    You are welcome, please do not forget to write to your MP, it is time these scammers were put out to grass.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • CandyCane
    • By CandyCane 13th Apr 19, 4:04 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    CandyCane
    • 13th Apr 19, 4:04 PM
    • 13th Apr 19, 4:04 PM
    Letters written to MP, in addition to National Trust and Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust (whom both run parts of the attraction adjacent to the car park, though may not be the landowner)

I will now be writing an FOI to the DVLA to find out at what date and time my details were accessed, as the signs at the car park state that I can leave the site before paying, so long as payment is made the same day. Since it is ANPR I'm guessing a potential violation of the BPA code of conduct and/or a breach of the DPA2018 has occurred.
    Last edited by CandyCane; 13-04-2019 at 4:10 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 19, 9:19 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Apr 19, 9:19 PM
    • 13th Apr 19, 9:19 PM
    Not a FOI, just an email to the subject access email addy. It's free.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • CandyCane
    • By CandyCane 15th Apr 19, 1:17 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    CandyCane
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:17 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:17 PM
    Done, I will update with the outcome once it arrives.

A senior case worker for my MP has also expressed an interest, and is going to be writing to the PPC on our behalf.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    • 3,704 Posts
    • 4,644 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 15th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    https://www.bransbywilson.co.uk/control-and-enforcement
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • CandyCane
    • By CandyCane 15th Apr 19, 4:28 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    CandyCane
    Thanks, I now see the link between the two companies. I still don't see them have any authorisation to be proudly boasting the BPA logo on their site though!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Apr 19, 4:35 PM
    • 22,245 Posts
    • 28,131 Thanks
    Redx
    Thanks, I now see the link between the two companies. I still don't see them have any authorisation to be proudly boasting the BPA logo on their site though!
    Originally posted by CandyCane
    check here under M

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • CandyCane
    • By CandyCane 15th Apr 19, 4:36 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    CandyCane
    No record for Bransby Wilson Parking Solutions Ltd
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Apr 19, 4:42 PM
    • 22,245 Posts
    • 28,131 Thanks
    Redx
    nope , but they are linked and its been MINSTER BAYWATCH for several years

if you think there is a BPA issue, email the AOS team at the BPA and complain

and click the link given earlier for BW

it says this

Bransby Wilson can help you control parking on your property with an ethical, non-confrontational, lawful and cost effective solution. This service is delivered by our associate company, Minster Baywatch, which issues Parking Charge Notices to offending vehicles either using their own patrols or by giving you the means to serve them yourself
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 19, 5:53 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Go to POPLA?
    Did you actually appeal and get a POPLA code, or not?

We have 2 or 3 threads about MB car parks with Bransby Wilson signs - easy to find by searching the forum for one word.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • CandyCane
    • By CandyCane 16th Apr 19, 3:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    CandyCane
    No, we had the builders in at the time of the NtK and most of the mail remained unopened until past the date where I could appeal with MB directly. Not sure what to do now, wait for LBC I suppose?

Would it be worth asking the MPs case worker to hold off for now/not get involved? If so, perhaps have her write to National Trust/Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust who I assume are the land owners instead?

Edit to add - partner also received an NtK for the same offence on the same day, though this was noticed and appeal was sent. We have the POPLA code for this one.
    Last edited by CandyCane; 16-04-2019 at 3:47 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 19, 12:23 AM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    partner also received an NtK for the same offence on the same day, though this was noticed and appeal was sent. We have the POPLA code for this one.
    OK so see the other MB POPLA appeals and copy one that is similar.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

562Posts Today

5,454Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin