Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Warwick65
    • By Warwick65 12th Apr 19, 12:26 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Warwick65
    Credit rating
    • 12th Apr 19, 12:26 PM
    Credit rating 12th Apr 19 at 12:26 PM
    Hi
    For the first time in 10 years I have no defaults on my credit file however I am looking to get better offers on my cards

I currently have 3 bank accounts, a Coop basic, a B current and Savings and a Mtro current and savings , I use them all for different things and only the B has an overdraft of 250 (unused).

I do however have quite a few credit cards all with high interest rates, I have an Aqua (great because there are no foreign transaction fees when used for purchases) a Cap 1, a Vanquiss, A barclaycard and a Tesco with a 1300 balance on 0%- I have enough money to pay that off .
    I applied for a Clarity card and was initially accepted but then refused , the same thing happened with a TSB account a while ago- I think maybe its because I had some delinquent accounts with HBOS and did not handle my mortgage well although that was paid off in 2011.

The only card with a reasonable apr is the Tesco one , so am I best to cancel all my cards except say Tesco and Aqua , wait a while then apply for better deals or just wait a while. Is having a few cards with 0 balances a bad thing? Oh I also have a PayPal account ( 0 balance) and an Argos card (again 0 balance)
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Apr 19, 1:00 PM
    • 21,673 Posts
    • 23,567 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Apr 19, 1:00 PM
    • 12th Apr 19, 1:00 PM
    Keep your cards. You seems to have very low balances and you need to show that you can be trusted with the credit you have, rather than reducing it.

Have you checked your three files (not the scores) to see what appears?
    • Warwick65
    • By Warwick65 15th Apr 19, 6:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Warwick65
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:43 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:43 PM
    Sorry I didn't get any notification.

Nothing negative shows on my credit files, apparently my accounts are not perfect although all payments have been up to date. There may have been a couple too many searches over the last 6 months. I will keep my head down, pay off the debts when my next set of finance goes in and carry on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,478Posts Today

4,382Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin