Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 11th Apr 19, 7:33 PM
    • 493Posts
    • 3,113Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    The Last Furlong
    • 11th Apr 19, 7:33 PM
    The Last Furlong 11th Apr 19 at 7:33 PM
    Been round these parts before , just want a home now for the final push to be debt free . Not putting a definite date on it , but roughly around Summer 2020 would be good.

I have around £2900 left to go ,not a lot in the scheme of things but enough to keep me on with the budgeting and being careful with the spends . Have learnt lots of useful tips and used advice from these forums over the past while.

Here's to getting the Sunshine girl over the finishing line
Page 29
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 15th Jan 20, 3:55 PM
    • 5,030 Posts
    • 32,068 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Glad the exercise lifted your mood.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 15th Jan 20, 7:17 PM
    • 8,026 Posts
    • 60,528 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    I think exercise always makes you feel better. I'm feeling it not being able to do mine at the moment, can't wait to get back to it.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2020 £43.31
    Emergency Fund £3465/£10,000
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 15th Jan 20, 7:26 PM
    • 493 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Meeting at work went really well, I had been to the doctors before and got the appropriate fit notes. On my way back from work meeting went to the gym and swam 40 lengths . I am hoping to go tomorrow as well. I have started with sneezing and blowing my noise hope I am not getting a virus. Not just as I feel so much better.

Tomorrow I need to go shopping and have a waxing appointment at teatime it's payday on Friday so have done well with my funds over Christmas probably because I haven't been anywhere .

Need to write a to do list for things to do before I return to work.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 15th Jan 20, 7:45 PM
    • 11,327 Posts
    • 89,544 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I'm glad you're starting to feel more like yourself Sunshine. It sounds like the break from work is doing you a lot of good by enabling you to do some things for yourself. Walks in beautiful scenery, exercise and family time are excellent therapy for the mind, as is de-cluttering, etc.

I coped when my Mum died by going for long walks, stopping drinking alcohol and cutting right back on sugar, de-cluttering my home and spending time with family. I also kept a grief journal and wrote in it every day for six months. This enabled me to cope without AD which I didn't want to take this time because they made me feel a bit dopey.

I'm glad your meeting at work went well
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £2,450/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £250. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £250
    • Nicnak
    • By Nicnak 15th Jan 20, 7:48 PM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 16,453 Thanks
    Nicnak
    Sounds like a really positive day for you. I am glad that you are much better.

I did a phased return to work when I first went back. It helped me not feel so overwhelmed. x
    September 6th 2017 - Updated December 2019
    Credit Card £0 now: £0 Consolidation £15,000 = £7,365 Total = £25,330 £7,365 71% gone EMF #252 = £1100/£1000
    Pay off all your debts by Christmas #071

Decluttering target 437/365 items
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 15th Jan 20, 9:55 PM
    • 2,129 Posts
    • 12,951 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Glad to hear your meeting went well, well done on going to the gym, I used to be a runner and regular gym goer,I do miss it but I can't run now,I could go to the gym but I can't afford it at the moment
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £2,395Total Now Owed = £15,235
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £0
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 16th Jan 20, 4:27 PM
    • 493 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Sideboard now installed in hallway and looks very nice, when we got it out of the box it was already put together so no flat pack building needed.

Been to the gym again and feel quite tired now. Had a counsellor session the first of six, she was very helpful.

Need to get ready soon to go for waxing, want to walk but it's blowing a gale outside but will be quicker than driving will just get wrapped up it's 10 mins down the road.

Tomorrow is childminding and then depending on my sniffles will probably be off to the Lakes for the weekend .

Off to prepare my evening meal before I nip out.
    • milann
    • By milann 16th Jan 20, 5:24 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 20,646 Thanks
    milann
    It sounds as if youíre getting back to yourself again.
    Enjoy your childminding and Lakes if you get there - I havenít seen the weather forecast for weekend - hope the wind drops if you get there....or take your furry thermals
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 17th Jan 20, 1:28 PM
    • 493 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    It sounds as if youíre getting back to yourself again.
    Enjoy your childminding and Lakes if you get there - I havenít seen the weather forecast for weekend - hope the wind drops if you get there....or take your furry thermals
    Originally posted by milann
    Thank you Milann, I feel as though I am getting there.
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 17th Jan 20, 1:35 PM
    • 493 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Well what a funny morning, received an sos phone call from a relative , their broadband hadn't been working for 10 days despite putting a new router on. Anyway after many phone calls to India , Virgin promised an engineer this morning between 8 and 12 . Despite having GD in tow I volunteered to sit in as relative had important meeting. Virgin man turned up well I never , he was shouting at the Indian call centre staff telling them to hurry up . He was getting more annoyed by the minute , then he told me he had had a stroke 12 months ago so I was half expecting him to collapse. His wife phoned and they had a full blown row on the phone for 10 mins about 40p well that was what he kept saying. He was so funny hopping from one foot to another , making heavy breathing noises everytime he was in the floor . Quite a comical morning, lo and behold after 2 hours 20 mins he mended it, after 2 cups of tea much berating . He then asked could my relative leave feedback for him.
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 17th Jan 20, 1:38 PM
    • 493 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    DGD did really well at swimming lesson and is now having a much needed sleep , grandma is putting her feet up until school run time .

I have been paid today but haven't sorted the budget yet , that's for later.

The weather looks ideal for Lake District cold and sunny , can't wait.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 17th Jan 20, 4:46 PM
    • 8,026 Posts
    • 60,528 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Enjoy your weekend at the Lakes

What a palaver with the Virgin man
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2020 £43.31
    Emergency Fund £3465/£10,000
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Jan 20, 6:54 PM
    • 68,439 Posts
    • 312,653 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have a good weekend
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 14 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 17th Jan 20, 7:01 PM
    • 5,030 Posts
    • 32,068 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Happy pay day. Have a relaxing weekend
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 17th Jan 20, 7:07 PM
    • 11,327 Posts
    • 89,544 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Your Virgin man saga is hilarious but I do hope he doesn't have another stroke .

Have a lovely weekend in the Lakes .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £2,450/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £250. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £250
    • milann
    • By milann 19th Jan 20, 1:17 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 20,646 Thanks
    milann
    Hope youíve got beautiful sunshine in the lakes as we have here.
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 19th Jan 20, 7:44 PM
    • 493 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Lovely weekend in the Lakes , snow on the top of the hills sunshine and absolutely freezing. My favourite time of the year, not to busy and a good walk round. Driving back I hit the fog but got home ok.

Payday all transfers sorted start of the Xmas fund again.. Paid the balance on my everyday credit card . Sold 2 costs on eBay made about £18 that will go off 0% credit card which is now at £545 , Loan balance at £3812.00 . On target to be debt free June 2021 .

Hoping to go to gym about 3 days this week. Meeting up with a lovely lady on Tuesday afternoon at the big shopping centre.

Have a good evening .
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Jan 20, 8:02 PM
    • 68,439 Posts
    • 312,653 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that you had a lovely weekend
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 14 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,195Posts Today

8,146Users online

Martin's Twitter