Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 11th Apr 19, 7:33 PM
    • 494Posts
    • 3,115Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    The Last Furlong
    • 11th Apr 19, 7:33 PM
    The Last Furlong 11th Apr 19 at 7:33 PM
    Been round these parts before , just want a home now for the final push to be debt free . Not putting a definite date on it , but roughly around Summer 2020 would be good.

I have around £2900 left to go ,not a lot in the scheme of things but enough to keep me on with the budgeting and being careful with the spends . Have learnt lots of useful tips and used advice from these forums over the past while.

Here's to getting the Sunshine girl over the finishing line
Page 28
    • Nicnak
    • By Nicnak 5th Jan 20, 6:57 PM
    • 2,747 Posts
    • 16,580 Thanks
    Nicnak
    Sounds like a lovely time with your family. I am glad that you are making progress.

Sleeping is good, as well as reducing the caffeine. There was a time when I only drank herbal tea, but now I am afraid that I am on the coffee a fair bit.

Have a lovely day tomorrow. x
    September 6th 2017 - Updated December 2019
    Credit Card £0 now: £0 Consolidation £15,000 = £7,365 Total = £25,330 £7,365 71% gone EMF #252 = £1100/£1000
    Pay off all your debts by Christmas #071

Decluttering target 479/365 items
    • milann
    • By milann 5th Jan 20, 7:58 PM
    • 3,282 Posts
    • 20,727 Thanks
    milann
    Hi Sunshine. I was prescribed ADs some years ago, I took them for 2 days and felt so out of it I stopped taking them. I did as you are doing - fresh air, walks, tinkering in the garden, crafts and rest. I also wrote my feelings. down - good and bad but always tried to finish with a positive and I wrote letters - none of which could be sent as the recipients were no longer in my life - of everyday things Iíd wanted to say to certain folk. I did this for a good while whilst I got the feelings out of my system. Iíd read them from time to time and contemplated. Eventually I no longer needed them so burned them - that was an emotional yet happy day. I also had a short course of counselling and came out the other side. Hang on in there - youíll get through this.

Your present sounds lovely and very thoughtful from your ds. Iím pleased your gks are back - never a dull moment when theyíre around. Enjoy your train ride - sounds good.
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 6th Jan 20, 10:58 PM
    • 2,146 Posts
    • 13,028 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Hi Sunhsine, I'm glad to hear you feel like you are progressing ,I think being able to remove yourself from the stress of work helps too, it just gives you that bit of space to try to concentrate on yourself,I know you are still looking after the little people but they provide their own kind of therapy I think, hope you have a good week
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £2,395Total Now Owed = £15,235
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £0
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 9th Jan 20, 3:33 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    I have had a couple of days away in the Lake District at a friends caravan. We did a 5 mile walk on 2 days . I have enjoyed the fresh air, but felt very tired when I got home. I have the sorest neck , maybe different pillows . My new mattress is coming tomorrow, I can't wait to be back on a spring one and not memory foam. Have done lots of home admin today which I have been putting off for ages.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 9th Jan 20, 3:35 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Hi Sunshine. I was prescribed ADs some years ago, I took them for 2 days and felt so out of it I stopped taking them. I did as you are doing - fresh air, walks, tinkering in the garden, crafts and rest. I also wrote my feelings. down - good and bad but always tried to finish with a positive and I wrote letters - none of which could be sent as the recipients were no longer in my life - of everyday things Iíd wanted to say to certain folk. I did this for a good while whilst I got the feelings out of my system. Iíd read them from time to time and contemplated. Eventually I no longer needed them so burned them - that was an emotional yet happy day. I also had a short course of counselling and came out the other side. Hang on in there - youíll get through this.

Your present sounds lovely and very thoughtful from your ds. Iím pleased your gks are back - never a dull moment when theyíre around. Enjoy your train ride - sounds good.
    Originally posted by milann
    I have started this , great idea. Thank you.
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 9th Jan 20, 3:36 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Hi Sunhsine, I'm glad to hear you feel like you are progressing ,I think being able to remove yourself from the stress of work helps too, it just gives you that bit of space to try to concentrate on yourself,I know you are still looking after the little people but they provide their own kind of therapy I think, hope you have a good week
    Originally posted by Onebrokelady

The grandchildren are my therapy, I would be lost without them .
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jan 20, 7:01 PM
    • 68,467 Posts
    • 312,831 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that you had a nice wee break
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 14 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Nicnak
    • By Nicnak 9th Jan 20, 7:51 PM
    • 2,747 Posts
    • 16,580 Thanks
    Nicnak
    Great news about the break. Hope your neck eases off after you get sorted with your mattress. x
    Credit Card £0 now: £0 Consolidation £15,000 = £7,365 Total = £25,330 £7,365 71% gone EMF #252 = £1100/£1000

• Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 9th Jan 20, 9:50 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 21,847 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Your break sounded just the ticket.

Enjoy your new mattress and well done on tackling the admin!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 17
    My diary: ďPaid off the £31,000! BUT- still scrimping!Ē
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 13th Jan 20, 7:21 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    New mattress is very comfortable, early days with the sleeping but I am definitely sleeping better . This weekend I have felt much more like myself and am feeling like the fog is lifting.

Tomorrow I have occupational health at work, just a tick box exercise I think. Wednesday I am at the doctors to discuss the next step and possibly going back to work. Thursday I have a meeting with HR at work all perfectly normal for my employers.

I have had the sideboard to match my console table delivered and am waiting DS to put it together at the end of the week. I am doing more decluttering when the sideboard is up and running .

Money has gone well this month, I have a few things on FB and hope to get a few pound from their sale. Have been out walking today , but it was very blustery only managed 7000 steps but better than nothing.

Going to do some knitting now.
    • Nicnak
    • By Nicnak 13th Jan 20, 7:25 PM
    • 2,747 Posts
    • 16,580 Thanks
    Nicnak
    7000 steps is still amazing.

Glad you can see the fog lifting a little. I hope the appointments go well and there is no pressure from your work. xx

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Jan 20, 7:28 PM
    • 68,467 Posts
    • 312,831 Thanks
    beanielou
    So pleased that you can feel the fog lifting

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 13th Jan 20, 8:30 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    It would seem I have won £25 on the premium bonds , have reinvested it. Made my day , small things small things
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 13th Jan 20, 8:47 PM
    • 8,043 Posts
    • 60,665 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Well done on the win and the fog lifting. On the up
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2020 £43.31
    Emergency Fund £3465/£10,000
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Jan 20, 9:07 PM
    • 68,467 Posts
    • 312,831 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on the win

***Keep plodding***
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 14th Jan 20, 5:55 PM
    • 5,043 Posts
    • 32,119 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Really pleased you had a win. It is the little things that show us the universe is on our side.
    Take care x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 14th Jan 20, 8:17 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Today I went to the gym , spurred on by milann saying she has been going. I really want to get back into running , I was an avid runner in my early 40s but then life went crazy and I stopped. I went and did 30 mins intermittent running on the treadmill and I felt great after. Saw the occupational health nurse at work who was very helpful.

I know I will end up on some sort of sickness monitor but I will cross that bridge when I get there. Tomorrow I have my manager and employer meeting , not worried at all as I have done everything asked of me . After that I intend going for a swim, making the most of the time available to me and exercise makes me feel better.

My new gas and electric supplier came on board today so hopefully £10 a month cheaper and some cash back in a few weeks.

Think that's it .
    • Nicnak
    • By Nicnak 14th Jan 20, 8:33 PM
    • 2,747 Posts
    • 16,580 Thanks
    Nicnak
    Great news, saving and winning money as well as exercise.

I hope the meeting tomorrow goes well. You seem a lot more happier in yourself in these last posts. x

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Jan 20, 9:27 PM
    • 68,467 Posts
    • 312,831 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope all goes well tomorrow

***Keep plodding***
    • milann
    • By milann 14th Jan 20, 9:47 PM
    • 3,282 Posts
    • 20,727 Thanks
    milann
    Hope all goes well tomorrow- like you say itís a box ticking exercise to find the genuine folk so you have no need to worry.
    Glad Iíve inspired you - I donít do too much when I go but have really enjoyed it. Iím going to aqua aerobic tomorrow with a tiny little dumbbell - quite laughable really- but itís so hard to do....Iím totally unfit
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,123Posts Today

6,344Users online

Martin's Twitter