Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 11th Apr 19, 3:09 PM
    • 2,363Posts
    • 4,091Thanks
    Zinco
    Do you Remember when Beer in a Can was Fizzy?
    • 11th Apr 19, 3:09 PM
    Do you Remember when Beer in a Can was Fizzy? 11th Apr 19 at 3:09 PM
    There weren't any smooth beers with a creamy head in cans because the widget hadn't been invented yet.

There wasn't much choice either.

Can you remember any of the brands?
Page 1
    • Alikay
    • By Alikay 11th Apr 19, 5:22 PM
    • 4,916 Posts
    • 13,260 Thanks
    Alikay
    • 11th Apr 19, 5:22 PM
    • 11th Apr 19, 5:22 PM
    There was always a lot of excitement in our house when Watneys Party Seven was opened. There always seemed to be men skidding around the kitchen floor trying to catch the fountain of beery foam bursting out from the tin!
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 15th Apr 19, 6:12 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 816 Thanks
    MissPickle
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:12 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:12 PM
    I used to collect the bingo tickets in the social club when I was about 8 years old.
    They used to write their name on the back after a game, then they'd all go in a pot & the winner got a little prize.
    They were all up on the dance floor half sozzled after the bingo & I used to try out all the different drinks on the table.
    Nearly killed myself on pernod one night
    I should of stuck to the fizzy beer.
    Still... you live & learn.
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Apr 19, 6:21 PM
    • 39,315 Posts
    • 87,763 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:21 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:21 PM
    I remember buying Wadworth's Old Timer and Eldridge Pope Huntsman's ale in four pint cans in the 70's. Real ale in a tin, no injected froth. Proper job!
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,201Posts Today

4,988Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin