Giving up/ Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 16

Comments

• CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thank you HB and GK, I appreciate your support. Another day done. It seems a long month already but 1/3rd complete.

Tomorrow is another no brainer due to early driving sunday and same Monday, so its a push for Sunday not to give in. I will avoid the alcohol aisle in T8sco.

I laughed at your comment HB - Reality can suck, who knew?! :)

10/31. My Drink Less app is looking very green for this month, a red day would spoil the appearance, must not give in!

I had a stressful few hours this afternoon, making me experience a full range of negative emotions. At the height of it, I didn't once think I need a drink. It was when I calmed down, I thought wine would be good tonight, but replaced by, I can't im on AB's and driving. Eliminated.

Ok Cuppa has drunk my Cuppa, so its bedtime. Night all.
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning all, 8/21 and 1/2 today (if there is a weekend challenge) :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • CuppaTea: you are doing brilliantly. It's easy to skate past things and not think about things, but I do think it's important to stop and think, and shake things around a bit to look at them properly.

11/28 for me today.
  • My ability to word seems to have vanished :rotfl:. THINGS.
  • Cuppa tea , Ijust downloaded the Drink Less app :eek: It’s grim reading for me. Although am on holiday for a few day am going to try to rein it in a bit. I need to get out of the red.

Thank you for all the holiday good wishes, I told OH if he wants to go for a walk this morning then I am not and having a rest, am still in bed being lazy. I can’t do this at home as have to get up for doggy walks.

Green Karen I admire you for being vegan. One of my DS’s has been vegan for a couple of years now and it has really opened my eyes. We eat some vegan meals now. I now don’t drink milk but can’t give up the cheese. Meat is still eaten but so much less. Our vegan nights are going to increase when I get home. Have been trying to perfect a good soya bolognese. I had one in Majorca a few years ago and it was amazing. My last resort is to try the dried soya, have not been successful so far with the frozen stuff, although Jamie Ol*vers lentil one is very nice. I have so many recipes on Pintr*st to try when I get home.

No more afds to report as am away, but will be cheering everyone on from here. I have decided no day time drinking whilst am here, one cocktail and wine with dinner. I will log it all on my new app. Happy Saturday everyone :)
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    My ability to word seems to have vanished :rotfl:. THINGS.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    11/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ArsenalBarnie, you're on holiday, so red days are allowed, its sometimes a herculean effort for that to not continue once home.

I've been using DrinkLess since last September and its interesting to look back. There is a definite pattern to my drinking and which days I do it on, which is highlighted more by the red and green.

I have only managed 8 consecutive days last year with it, so I am on new territory at the moment.

You may have noticed I am posting more here, I do tend to do that when I am on the straight and narrow and less when I am off the wagon. Obviously!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My AB's finish on Monday, so from Tuesday onwards the real test begins. But that will be Day 14 so I will need to get that smiley..........:)
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • marahouti
    marahouti Posts: 1,580 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    9/20 please Shaggy. X
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    9/25 AFDs today
  • 12/28 today and the sun is out :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors