Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tillydot
    • By Tillydot 7th Apr 19, 9:45 AM
    • 113Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Tillydot
    PPI with The Associates/Citibank
    • 7th Apr 19, 9:45 AM
    PPI with The Associates/Citibank 7th Apr 19 at 9:45 AM
    I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction. I had ppi with The Associates for a year in 2002. The Associates was then sold to the Citibank in 2003. I have sent an online complaint form to Citibank and I have to wait 8 weeks to hear if my claim will be upheld. If my claim is refused is that when I send in the FSA questionairre? Also do I have to send the amount I feel I am owed to the Citibank or do they tell me? Thanks for your help.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Apr 19, 9:50 AM
    • 21,696 Posts
    • 23,599 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Apr 19, 9:50 AM
    • 7th Apr 19, 9:50 AM
    Don't send a claim. Send a complaint.

And don't send it to Citi. The book was bought by NewDay.

And don't escalate to the FSA. Go to FOS.

And you don't decide how much you are owed. That is a defined formula.
    • Tillydot
    • By Tillydot 7th Apr 19, 10:28 AM
    • 113 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Tillydot
    • 7th Apr 19, 10:28 AM
    The Associates/Citibank ppi
    • 7th Apr 19, 10:28 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

This is what it says on the Citibank website and i had a look on Newday but it doesnt mention Assoicates on there.

You can contact Citi's complaints team if you had PPI linked to any of these products or lenders

Associates
    Future mortgages
    Diners

Citibank
    Citicard

Egg card, Egg loan, Egg mortgage
    CitiFinancial Europe plc
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 7th Apr 19, 12:44 PM
    • 7,181 Posts
    • 4,528 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 7th Apr 19, 12:44 PM
    • 7th Apr 19, 12:44 PM
    Why not wait and see what outcome you get? You only just put the complaint in and they need to see if your complaint has gone to the right place. If it has and they do not believe you were miss-sold then you may have access to the FOS but it depends whether either of you have any records left and the FOS may agree you were not miss-sold.
    • Tillydot
    • By Tillydot 16th Apr 19, 5:08 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Tillydot
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:08 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:08 PM
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I have had a reply from Citibank and they are looking at my complaint. They ask if I have any other information, like old statments, I do have some which are Assoicates and then Citibank. There are only a couple of statements i have which actually have the ppi on. Should I send these or will it cause a problem with me only having two which shows the ppi?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 16th Apr 19, 9:27 PM
    • 7,181 Posts
    • 4,528 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:27 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:27 PM
    No (send copies though or at least scan the originals)

If they agree it was miss-sold they can do a refund based on the average payments shown on those statements. PPI was only paid when you had a balance on the card / while it was active so you should really send them all to show the time frame of the card and they can then work out an average if they agree to a refund.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,976Posts Today

7,092Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin