Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lewiscunningham
    • By lewiscunningham 3rd Apr 19, 4:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lewiscunningham
    American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card
    • 3rd Apr 19, 4:40 PM
    American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card 3rd Apr 19 at 4:40 PM
    My family is going on a once in a lifetime trip to New York with family friends, as one of them is turning 50. I am thinking about applying for a American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card as you get two airport lounges passes included. It said it is free for the first year, then Ł140/year after that; if I cancel before one year passes will it not cost me anything? Also, does anyone know if my eldest son can apply for one if he already has an American Express credit card, and get it free for the first year + the airport lounge passes?

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • couriervanman
    • By couriervanman 3rd Apr 19, 4:48 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    couriervanman
    • 3rd Apr 19, 4:48 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 4:48 PM
    Yes it wont cost you anything if you cancel just before the year ends.....not sure about you son applying if he already has card with them as they changed the rules a week or so ago

Go on the referral section on here and use somebody's referral link that way you get extra points and so does the person who refers you
    • Nile
    • By Nile 3rd Apr 19, 9:25 PM
    • 14,394 Posts
    • 14,358 Thanks
    Nile
    • 3rd Apr 19, 9:25 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 9:25 PM
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Credit Cards’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 3rd Apr 19, 10:27 PM
    • 4,125 Posts
    • 2,608 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 3rd Apr 19, 10:27 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 10:27 PM
    You can cancel but don’t do it before you use the passes otherwise it will void them.
    • Beem1
    • By Beem1 8th Apr 19, 1:05 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Beem1
    • 8th Apr 19, 1:05 PM
    • 8th Apr 19, 1:05 PM
    Once you cancel the card - the lounge passes are also cancelled
    • d_rok69
    • By d_rok69 15th Apr 19, 9:50 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    d_rok69
    • 15th Apr 19, 9:50 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 9:50 PM
    I was accepted for this card today and it says on the website it’s a credit card but I keep seeing people on here say it’s a charge card. What’s the difference
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 15th Apr 19, 10:51 PM
    • 4,125 Posts
    • 2,608 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 15th Apr 19, 10:51 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 10:51 PM
    It used to be a charge card.

It’s now a credit card
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

5,323Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin