Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    • 11,350Posts
    • 77,740Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Weight Watchers Support
    • 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    Weight Watchers Support 2nd Apr 19 at 4:07 PM
    We have a Slimming World Thread but not one designated for Weight Watchers

Is anyone interested.........
Page 5
    • Dorothy60
    • By Dorothy60 15th Apr 19, 1:18 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    Dorothy60
    There is a history of type 1 in my family, and I was borderline in 2012 and still am now - sigh - hoping that this healthy diet helps to lower by blood sugar - actually, I've been meaning to ask, is there a kit you can buy from the chemist that tracks your blood sugar?
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 15th Apr 19, 1:47 PM
    • 11,350 Posts
    • 77,740 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Yes, there's a little gizmo that does a finger P r I c k. Most chemists do them or you can get them from Amazon. I seem to recall it was around £15. Regular testing does help me stay focussed on eating properly. I'm afraid T2 runs in my family but I'm determined to try and reverse it. The readings aren't coming down as fast as I would like but I will persevere.

I've just been having a bit of wardrobe sort out. Tried on summer tops that I couldn't wear last year. I divided them into two categories, those that fit nicely now and those that will look better when I've lost another half stone. Always thinking positive. .

I know it's vain but it will be so nice to be able to wear my nice clothes again. My current jeans are getting quite loose so I shall have a trying on session of all my summerweight trousers later.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 15-04-2019 at 1:49 PM.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 15th Apr 19, 3:11 PM
    • 27,303 Posts
    • 115,981 Thanks
    candygirl
    Help girlies:eek
    I've got 42 weeklies, n 34 dailies left until my first weigh in tomoz.Don't want to be a greedy pig n scoff the lot, but on the WW app a lot are saying that they lose better, when they use ALL their points.WWYD?
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 15th Apr 19, 8:05 PM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 19,146 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I've got 42 weeklies, n 34 dailies left until my first weigh in tomoz.Don't want to be a greedy pig n scoff the lot, but on the WW app a lot are saying that they lose better, when they use ALL their points.WWYD?
    Originally posted by candygirl
    What did you do in the end?
    "Fall seven times and stand up eight."
    Japanese Proverb
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 15th Apr 19, 8:10 PM
    • 27,303 Posts
    • 115,981 Thanks
    candygirl
    What did you do in the end?
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    The night's still young, n I have loads of points left lol

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 15th Apr 19, 8:34 PM
    • 11,350 Posts
    • 77,740 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Lost 1lb this week. Slow but steady.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 15th Apr 19, 10:15 PM
    • 27,303 Posts
    • 115,981 Thanks
    candygirl
    Lost 1lb this week. Slow but steady.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    Well done hun xx

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 16th Apr 19, 7:40 AM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 19,146 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Well done!
    Japanese Proverb
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th Apr 19, 7:57 AM
    • 11,350 Posts
    • 77,740 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone

Thanks.

Yes I'm pleased with my weight loss this week, especially as I have been out for several meals and went over my allowance more than once,

I know it was "only" 1 lb but I tell myself a steady 1lb a week would be 52lbs - almost 4 stones in a year. I think a steady loss is perhaps more sustainable in the long run.

If I can get down to 11 stones by my birthday on 6th July then I will be well on my way to reaching my target. I haven't actually set a defined goal weight as such. I was 9st when I got married but that was way back in 1983!!!! And I was a lot younger then.

Now that I'm older I think 9 stones would be too thin. I would probably look scrawny and haggard. So I'm just going to take it down to around 10.5 and then see.

I have no desire to be a size 8. I think 12/14 would probably be about right.

Hope you are all happy and feeling positive.

I have acupuncture today. I will pop into Aldi afterwards and stock up on fruit and veg.

Have a great day.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Apr 19, 8:17 AM
    • 54,925 Posts
    • 640,212 Thanks
    bubbs
    LM sausages are 1.5 SP each on WW though hun
    OH The red onion ones for us are free others are synned, your could use anything ha is free to put in them though
    Thanks for the egg wrap idea bubbs. Re the diabetes, yes t2 but I'm working on it. . Well done on your weight loss and reversing your diabetes, that's a fantastic achievement.

Well it's WW workshop tonight. I'll have to see how I go. I'm feeling good. Some of my clothes are starting to feel quite loose.. .

Drawingaline......just keep going, we can do this. Don't give up.

Summer is coming......
    Thankyou and well done on your loss
    I have my period this week so I hope that won't affect my weigh in.

I got up late today as my husband is starting the night shift this week.

I think I fancy baked beans on toast...

How much did you weigh before and after?

My father has type 2 and so I get checked every time I have a blood test.
    I will pm you as not put my weight "out" there
    Last edited by bubbs; 16-04-2019 at 8:24 AM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 7lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Apr 19, 8:24 AM
    • 54,925 Posts
    • 640,212 Thanks
    bubbs
    My sister does WW and if she doesn't eat her points she does not lose, although lucky her had only 9lb to lose and she did it and is at target now
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 7lb
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 16th Apr 19, 11:32 AM
    • 27,303 Posts
    • 115,981 Thanks
    candygirl
    My sister does WW and if she doesn't eat her points she does not lose, although lucky her had only 9lb to lose and she did it and is at target now
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Omg 9lbs That'd be a dream for me

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Dorothy60
    • By Dorothy60 16th Apr 19, 5:02 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    Dorothy60
    Thanks for advice re diabetes test LL and great news about 1lb off. I am finally getting to grips with WW, last week was hit and miss and of course I had to eat all my Motherís Day chocs lol. I too wore some jeans today that I couldnít fasten last time I tried them on and they kept falling down! I am keeping away from the scales this week and will only weigh myself on Thursday. 2lb would be good.

I donít have a target weight, 10 st might be enough at my age. Gotta keep a bit of fat for my face, scrawny is indeed not a good look. Had some HM cauliflower soup for lunch which was delish , and a chicken salad sandwich with a warburton thin. Very low points. Wasnít at all tempted by the several packets of biscuits in the office. Being part of this group is very inspiring. GO US
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th Apr 19, 5:52 PM
    • 11,350 Posts
    • 77,740 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Go us, indeed. .

Had quite a lazy day......I have to schedule in a rest for my knee after acupuncture so I have had a nice relaxing day curled up with a book.

Candy.....I think you are supposed to use up all your points, you can save 4 a day to add to your weeklies, so if you have lots over you can have a nice little beano.

I think if you failed to use them all it wouldnt actually matter if it was just the occasional one off but I think over the long term if you didn't eat enough then your weight loss might plateau. I think that's the mistake I made before joining WW. I just wasn't eating enough and my body thought it was being starved so it stopped shedding fat.

When I joined WW I was shocked (pleasantly surprised) at just how much you can eat.

Today I allowed myself a once in a blue moon treat - a cheese and ham stuffed croissant for lunch. Delicious. I can only eat them but rarely otherwise I could trigger a bout of IBS so I savoured every mouthful.

The croissants were yellow stickered so it would have been rude not to buy them. I indulged myself with just one and froze the other 3.

Well done Dorothy on avoiding The biscuits......it will be worth it when you are slipping into a nice little dress.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 16th Apr 19, 6:13 PM
    • 27,303 Posts
    • 115,981 Thanks
    candygirl
    Go us, indeed. .

Had quite a lazy day......I have to schedule in a rest for my knee after acupuncture so I have had a nice relaxing day curled up with a book.

Candy.....I think you are supposed to use up all your points, you can save 4 a day to add to your weeklies, so if you have lots over you can have a nice little beano.

I think if you failed to use them all it wouldnt actually matter if it was just the occasional one off but I think over the long term if you didn't eat enough then your weight loss might plateau. I think that's the mistake I made before joining WW. I just wasn't eating enough and my body thought it was being starved so it stopped shedding fat.

When I joined WW I was shocked (pleasantly surprised) at just how much you can eat.
    Yep , I think you're right hun.I was eating very little before, n mostly the wrong things , which explains a lot
    Got my new scales on Fri, n have lost 4lbs since then, so am quite chuffed Am making Fri my new weigh in day x

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 16th Apr 19, 6:17 PM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 19,146 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I am going out for pizza tomorrow night so I will have to plan the points for the day. I'm thinking just a smoothie and then a big salad before I leave.

If I can get down to 11 stones by my birthday on 6th July then I will be well on my way to reaching my target. I haven't actually set a defined goal weight as such. I was 9st when I got married but that was way back in 1983!!!! And I was a lot younger then.

Now that I'm older I think 9 stones would be too thin. I would probably look scrawny and haggard. So I'm just going to take it down to around 10.5 and then see.
    Yes, 10 and a half/ 11 stone would be perfect for me too.

I remember as a teenager being 9 and a half stone. I saw myself in an old photo and I look weird at that weight. Total lollipop head and my breasts look like implants.
    Japanese Proverb
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 16th Apr 19, 6:18 PM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 19,146 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Got my new scales on Fri, n have lost 4lbs since then, so am quite chuffed Am making Fri my new weigh in day x
    Wow, great! That is quite a lot already!

Friday is my official weigh-in day too.
    Japanese Proverb
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 16th Apr 19, 6:58 PM
    • 27,303 Posts
    • 115,981 Thanks
    candygirl
    Wow, great! That is quite a lot already!

Friday is my official weigh-in day too.
    I've got a lot to lose though hun
    I'd love to be 11st again.The last time I weighed that, was 32 years ago when I'd just had my Daughter.I felt obese at the time, n went to WW, where they said I should be between 9.5 n 10st
    Totally daft as I'm 5ft 8!

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 16th Apr 19, 7:19 PM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 19,146 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I've got a lot to lose though hun
    I'd love to be 11st again.The last time I weighed that, was 32 years ago when I'd just had my Daughter.I felt obese at the time, n went to WW, where they said I should be between 9.5 n 10st
    Totally daft as I'm 5ft 8!
    Yeah, that is what puts me off about going to be weighed at WW. That is why I'm doing it at home.

I would never be 9 stone, let alone 8 and a half. I would look like i was ill at that size.
    Japanese Proverb
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 17th Apr 19, 6:29 PM
    • 27,303 Posts
    • 115,981 Thanks
    candygirl
    Just had a Morrisons veggie burger, n salad in a tortilla wrap, with loads of extra salad, n low fat salad cream.Was scrummy n 14sp

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

39Posts Today

1,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin