Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    • 11,472Posts
    • 78,781Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Weight Watchers Support
    • 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    Weight Watchers Support 2nd Apr 19 at 4:07 PM
    We have a Slimming World Thread but not one designated for Weight Watchers

Is anyone interested.........
Page 12
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 14th May 19, 3:16 PM
    • 27,363 Posts
    • 116,314 Thanks
    candygirl
    I was just saying I have gained back a couple of pounds during my break from dieting so it's back to counting WW points again for me.

I want to get into that black Next short skirt I bought for the concert on the 1st of June. The zip doesn't do up all the way yet.

I had a toasted sandwich for breakfast with lots of water.

I'm going to make a vegetable curry or a soup for lunch.
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    Yea keep tracking hun , You don't want to undo all Your good work now
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 15th May 19, 6:16 AM
    • 11,472 Posts
    • 78,781 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone.

I've had a few busy and somewhat erratic days so meal planning has gone to pot. Plus felt queasy with the ABs so too many nibbles.

Never mind normal service will be resumed shortly.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 15th May 19, 10:02 AM
    • 2,790 Posts
    • 20,265 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    The scale says I'm down a pound already.

I think I needed a break from dieting as I was getting extremely bored and unmotivated.

I want to lose a few pounds and get under 12 stone before the concert on the 1st of June. That is my new goal.
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • hollowhead
    • By hollowhead 15th May 19, 10:06 AM
    • 443 Posts
    • 1,706 Thanks
    hollowhead
    Well done wednesday2000

1 1/2 off for me today
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 15th May 19, 11:25 AM
    • 2,790 Posts
    • 20,265 Thanks
    Wednesday2000

1 1/2 off for me today
    Originally posted by hollowhead
    How much is that you have lost now?
    • hollowhead
    • By hollowhead 15th May 19, 12:47 PM
    • 443 Posts
    • 1,706 Thanks
    hollowhead
    How much is that you have lost now?
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    3 1/2 in two weeks. Not as fast as I would have liked but I am trying not to yo yo . I’ve tried every diet going and I loose loads fast on low carb but I can’t keep it up .

I got to goal with weight watchers 10 years ago and I know it works , it’s just sticking to it. I’ve tried SW but it lets me eat too many potatoes! My problem is alcohol, once I drink I don’t care about my diet ! I am hopefully going to stick within my points all week and hopefully loose 3 next week
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 15th May 19, 2:15 PM
    • 2,790 Posts
    • 20,265 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    3 1/2 in two weeks. Not as fast as I would have liked but I am trying not to yo yo . I’ve tried every diet going and I loose loads fast on low carb but I can’t keep it up .

I got to goal with weight watchers 10 years ago and I know it works , it’s just sticking to it. I’ve tried SW but it lets me eat too many potatoes! My problem is alcohol, once I drink I don’t care about my diet ! I am hopefully going to stick within my points all week and hopefully loose 3 next week
    Originally posted by hollowhead
    That is really good.

I also did WW before and lost a lot before my wedding.

The mistake I made was thinking I could carry on afterwards and keep the weight off without tracking my points and it all went downhill from there.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 16th May 19, 8:40 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 2,234 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    I stayed the same this week, which isn't a shock after the not great weekend I had. But am keeping at it, have 9 days until I go on holiday.

I won't be dieting on holiday, but I am hoping I can carry on making good choices. If I can carry on with my low point breakfasts and lunches then it will limit the damage I think.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 17th May 19, 7:09 AM
    • 11,472 Posts
    • 78,781 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone

Drawingaline I too have stayed the same, which, considering the busy and erratic week I have had is actually a minor miracle. Don't worry it will be probably move in the right direction next week.

I now have a few days free so I'm just going to catch up with myself and get back on it. Will try and do some batch cooking so I have a supply of home made ready meals for when I find myself stretched again.

Well done on the weight losses, Wednesday and Hollowhead. Great stuff.

Wednesday.....you raise an interesting point about maintenance. I think I too will have to think very carefully about how to maintain my weight loss once I have reached goal. I think I will find it easy to regain weight if I'm not careful so for me I think weight management will have to be a lifelong commitment.
    • Dorothy60
    • By Dorothy60 17th May 19, 10:07 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    Dorothy60
    Morning WWers - doing rubbish here, half a pound on - sigh - I know what I am doing wrong, not eating enough and when I do I am not eating enough fruit and veg. I just can't seem to get myself organised shopping and meal planning.

Still, I have come a long way and remain determined. I will never never never have an 11 as the first figure on the scales again!!

You all seem to be doing so well, and this motivates me, so keep on posting, and some meal ideas would really help me as well. Not much of a cook at the best of times but must do better..............
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 17th May 19, 3:59 PM
    • 27,363 Posts
    • 116,314 Thanks
    candygirl
    I've stayed the same this week.No idea why , as i've been good lol.I'll just keep on tracking though

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 17th May 19, 6:38 PM
    • 11,472 Posts
    • 78,781 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Yeah, just keep going Candy. You'll get there. My friend mentioned something called the Whoosh Effect. Don't know if there's any real science to it, but a lot of people seem to think there's something in it. Sorry can't do links but if you just google it you'll see what I'm talking about.

Right Drawingaline.........today's menu choices.

B........3 egg omelette, 20 g low fat cheese, 1/2 slice ham. 2pts
    L.........chicken Caesar salad, with 1 tabs low fat dressing 1pt
    D.........salmon with a sweet chilli sauce dressing, green lentils,
    Peppers, courgette, red onions. 2pts

Snacks...... 3 crackers, 1 pt each, low fat cream cheese 1pt 4pts

Plenty left for teas, coffees and maybe a couple of biscuits later. Hopefully will also be able to roll 4 over.

I am aiming to roll 4 over each day, today and over the weekend because I will probably be eating out on Monday. That would give me 12 to play with. My normal WI day is Monday.

I do like the flexibility of WW.

On Wednesday I batched cooked some bolognese. I have got two portions in the freezer. Aiming to do a curry and a vegetable shepherds pie over the weekend. Again will cook extra for the freezer. I think it's worth doing that if you can because then you have got pointed home made ready meals to hand for rushed days.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 17th May 19, 6:45 PM
    • 27,363 Posts
    • 116,314 Thanks
    candygirl
    LL a woman on WW connect, made a cauli n butterbean mash to go on top of Shepherdless pie.I might try it, zero points
    Just googling the whoosh effect

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 17th May 19, 8:11 PM
    • 2,790 Posts
    • 20,265 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Wednesday.....you raise an interesting point about maintenance. I think I too will have to think very carefully about how to maintain my weight loss once I have reached goal. I think I will find it easy to regain weight if I'm not careful so for me I think weight management will have to be a lifelong commitment.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    I think it has to be that way, for me anyway, as it is very easy for me to underestimate what I've eaten in a day.

Morning WWers - doing rubbish here, half a pound on - sigh - I know what I am doing wrong, not eating enough and when I do I am not eating enough fruit and veg. I just can't seem to get myself organised shopping and meal planning.
    Originally posted by Dorothy60
    I've stayed the same this week.No idea why , as i've been good lol.I'll just keep on tracking though
    Originally posted by candygirl
    Just keep up with it both of you, you are both doing really well!
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 19th May 19, 8:35 AM
    • 11,472 Posts
    • 78,781 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone.

Well my couple of days back on plan have paid off. After staying the same for a couple of weeks I have lost 2lbs, so back on track.

Dorothy......at least you know where you are going wrong. I will honest and say I'm still not one for actual meal planning so I try to make sure I have the "right" things in the house. That way I can cobble a meal together or find some healthy snacks. Of course it's much harder when I'm out and about and eating away from home.

However, I do appreciate that in many ways because I live alone it is easy for me.....I just don't have too many "naughties" in the house.

One thing I have found helpful is having a few tins of fruit in juice handy for when I get desperate for a treat. Zero points. In fact I try to take full advantage of "zero hero's" to fill me up.

Today's menu........

B. Banana pancakes, strawberries and yoghurt. 0 Pts
    L. Ham salad 3pts
    D. Home made chicken curry, broccoli rice, 8 Pts.

Leaves me plenty of points left for nibbles and snacks.

Gardening today.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 20th May 19, 7:36 AM
    • 11,472 Posts
    • 78,781 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning fellow weight watchers.....

A new week. Popped myself on the scale this morning and I now have exactly 1 stone to go to reach my target. Wahoo. Feels so good.

4 days granny duty this week but as they are only half days I'm hoping it will be easier to stick to plan. I should have more time to meal prep and I can eat more meals at home.

Anyway just need to stay on track.

A hearty brunch today.......full English, packed with zero hero's and just 2pts for bacon. Yum yum.

Will take a Salmon salad for lunch with me. 1 pt for mayo.

Dinner/supper will be courgetti bolognese. 3 Pts

Well that's the plan......

Have a great day.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 20th May 19, 11:12 AM
    • 2,790 Posts
    • 20,265 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I only lost 1 pound this week as the vertigo/migraine threw me off. It makes me feel sick one second and then starving hungry for carbs when it wears off. I had a pizza at the weekend and I just had a leftover piece for breakfast.

I did have blueberries and mango with it and it was a small slice of pizza.

It's less than two weeks until the concert so I really have to get going.

I just went to the shop and bought lemons, strawberries, onions and mushrooms.

I have leftover brown lentil pasta for lunch and I will bulk it up with marinated mushrooms and onions and some steamed asparagus.

I am having a veggie burger for dinner with a big salad, gherkins and mustard.

Oh yes, I bought carrots too so I can have carrot sticks and salsa for dinner as well.

Lots of water all day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,348Posts Today

6,736Users online

Martin's Twitter