Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • houseowner
    • By houseowner 31st Mar 19, 10:13 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    houseowner
    OVO (ex Economy Energy customer)
    • 31st Mar 19, 10:13 AM
    OVO (ex Economy Energy customer) 31st Mar 19 at 10:13 AM
    Just received my 1st statement from OVO. Both start readings incorrect, even though I gave them the readings as soon as they took over! Don't know where they got their figures from. Makes a difference of 100 on the bill. Have sent them an email with correct costings, so just have to wait and see what happens. Just a warning to everyone to check bill carefully!
Page 2
    • Sterlingtimes
    • By Sterlingtimes 12th Apr 19, 10:51 AM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 3,963 Thanks
    Sterlingtimes
    From Economy Energy's UPDATE 2 APRIL 2019, it could be months before we receive our bills. Clearly, no final bill means no refund. Presumably, Ovo will expect payment from 12 January irrespective of whether it is in a position to refund.

https://www.economyenergy.co.uk/

When will I receive a bill?

The process is going to take a number of months to complete but we hope to have some customers’ final bills ready to upload to My Account within the next few weeks.
    Solar installed 21 November 2014 > Centre of England > 3,780 Wp > 14 *270 Watt Trina panels > 14 * Enphase micro-inverters > managed by Enlighten Envoy Hub > 19 west of south > 35 pitch > tree shading to east > iBoost > Wattson Anywhere monitoring > Schneider Electric (Drayton) MiGenie smart thermostat.
    • Mags05
    • By Mags05 16th Apr 19, 4:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mags05
    Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on how to progress an issue with OVO's billing.

My daughter was a Economy Energy customer. Her readings on the last bill EE produced (Dec 2018) were estimated Gas-3026, Electricity-24782. Her actual readings were Gas-2804 and Electricity-24367. She paid her direct debit and EE also called her in January to take a card payment as they said her DD didnt cover her estimated bill. They didn't produce a bill using her actual readings. She thought this would work itself out over the following months.

Anyway EE cease trading and OVO takes over her supply. As they were too expensive she waited until everything transferred over to OVO and then moved to another supplier.

OVO have now produced a final bill with opening readings of Gas- 2916 and Electricity-24662 which is less than the estimated readings produced by EE and which she has already paid EE for.

She has sent OVO proof of her payments and bills from EE so effectivly they are expecting her to pay twice (once to EE and to them).

Can anybody please suggest how to dispute this with OVO. I feel she has sent them sufficient proof that she has already paid for energy they are trying to bill her again for.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
    • Sterlingtimes
    • By Sterlingtimes 17th Apr 19, 8:41 AM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 3,963 Thanks
    Sterlingtimes
    I'm looking for some advice on how to progress an issue with OVO's billing.

OVO have now produced a final bill with opening readings of Gas- 2916 and Electricity-24662 which is less than the estimated readings produced by EE and which she has already paid EE for.
    Originally posted by Mags05
    From what I understand from my own investigations, it is likely that OVO has agreed the readings of 2916 and 24662 with Economy Energy's administrators. In due course, Economy Energy's administrators will produce a final bill based upon these numbers. At the same time, they will deduct all payments made by you and come up with a credit or debit amount. Presuming, that the amount is a credit (in your favour) then OVO will deduct this amount from OVO's final account.
    Solar installed 21 November 2014 > Centre of England > 3,780 Wp > 14 *270 Watt Trina panels > 14 * Enphase micro-inverters > managed by Enlighten Envoy Hub > 19 west of south > 35 pitch > tree shading to east > iBoost > Wattson Anywhere monitoring > Schneider Electric (Drayton) MiGenie smart thermostat.
    • Mags05
    • By Mags05 17th Apr 19, 5:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mags05
    Thanks for the reply @Sterlingtimes.

So what happens to the higher estimated reading that she has already paid EE for "estimated Gas-3026, Electricity-24782". Surely they can't revert back to the lower estimated readings.

OVO have stated that they are allowed a tollerance of 250 units/energy which equates to, at OVO's prices Gas - 102.82p, Electricity - 40.66p. Total 143.48p in OVO's favour.
    • Mr.Everready
    • By Mr.Everready 18th Apr 19, 8:11 AM
    • 139 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Mr.Everready
    OVO are all over the place with this. Despite me showing proof of gas readings and them assuring me it would be fixed, gas has now disappeared from my OVO account and they've passed on a wrong reading to my new supplier.

We're nealy 4 months on from EE going POP and still await a final bill, in my case a significant credit balance.
    • Sterlingtimes
    • By Sterlingtimes 18th Apr 19, 5:45 PM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 3,963 Thanks
    Sterlingtimes
    Thanks for the reply @Sterlingtimes.

So what happens to the higher estimated reading that she has already paid EE for "estimated Gas-3026, Electricity-24782". Surely they can't revert back to the lower estimated readings.
    Originally posted by Mags05
    I have had dialogue with OVO. They really are not interested in customer readings or smart meter readings relating to their period of takeover from Economy Energy on 12 January. OVO prefers instead to contrive 12 January readings from 30 January readings. These may be in OVO's favour. Additionally, OVO says that the contrived readings cannot be contested unless they fall outside of an OFGEM determined margin of error.

The net effect is that the end Economy Energy statement when it arrives (during the months to come) will be slightly lower and OVO's will be slightly higher.

I get the impression that there is a problem at the Economy Energy end. Has data been deleted or lost or corrupted? I get the impression that OVO is not expecting a quick answer,
    Last edited by Sterlingtimes; 19-04-2019 at 8:53 AM.
    • GJan
    • By GJan 19th Apr 19, 8:43 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GJan
    I have the same problem, however OVO will not even issue my first statement even though I have paid four months of direct debits of 87. 00 each. It would be interesting to know how you get on as I am going around in circles with them
    • Mags05
    • By Mags05 19th Apr 19, 6:32 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mags05
    Fortunately my daughter never had a DD set up with OVO.
    They claim she owes them 158 but she has already paid EE for part of this charge. It was when EE sent them lower readings that she had already paid for that all this mess started.
    OVO appear to be very rigid with their tolerances re meter readings and are very reluctant to look into the matter, especially when it's in their favour. They completly ignored the meter readings she provided and have used what they state are actual readings however are clearly marked on her EE account as estimates.
    I have advised her to pay OVO their Standing Charge and the Electricity/Gas she has used for the 7 weeks she was with them and await EE final bill.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,486Posts Today

7,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin