PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

Options

Comments

• SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning All

Just thought I'd pop on quickly and report in with my loss of -2lb fairly pleased with that as I have been off since last Thursday and have managed to stay mainly on track, I've also put my c25k on pause for a week or two whilst I'm off with the kids.

Off to the park today to make the most of the lovely weather and then tomorrow shopping in the city as dd wants to go to a record shop and the big book shop, will probably grab lunch out but will try to make wise choices ;)

Today
    B porridge, dash of milk tsp of golden syrup and mixed berries
    L salad with tuna and quinoa, strawberries
    D spag carbonara made with light cheese

Hope the weather is lovely where you are, enjoy your day x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • K9zz
    K9zz Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,
    I know everyone’s opinion will differ but I’d like to know which the majority of us leans towards. Do you think weight loss is mostly about calorie control and therefore it doesn’t matter what you eat within reason or do you feel limiting carbs is more successful and/or healthier? Thanks. I look forward to reading your replies.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    K9zz wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I know everyone’s opinion will differ but I’d like to know which the majority of us leans towards. Do you think weight loss is mostly about calorie control and therefore it doesn’t matter what you eat within reason or do you feel limiting carbs is more successful and/or healthier? Thanks. I look forward to reading your replies.

I follow a slimming world plan but from home, I've been on it since beginning of last year, carbs are not limited with the exception of bread and cereal, also limited are high calorie food such dairy. I couldn't limit carbs as I'd be so hungry and I'm to lazy to count calories, so this works nicely for me. So far I've lost 3 1/2 stone, it's slow but steady. I think it's a balancing act though and not all plans work for all people, you have to find the one that fits you,
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Everyone

I love low carb. I'm never hungry and I still eat loads of vegetables and a small amount of fruit. Yesterday, for example, I went to Pilates and then walked 6 miles without having eaten since the night before - just a cup of lemon and ginger tea for breakfast. The idea is that once your body begins to get used to burning fat and not sugar you don't get the problems with blood sugar and hunger. I recommend anyone who is interested in low carb to look at the Diet Doctor website. It's got masses of free content and no adverts, though you can subscribe if you want to. I'm 60 years old and have never had so much energy!

Today I had to let DS's cleaner in at 8am and then go let some workmen in at work and wait till they finished. Once that was done I went for a run with my friend - we did 11 sets of walk one, run two minutes. This afternoon I played tennis for an hour and a half and then walked up to feed the cats again. DS is due home about 9 so I shall walk up again with his keys and to have a hug from DGD. I can't wait to see them again.

Lunch: Prawns in mayonnaise with avocado, kiwi fruit, tomato and cucumber.
    Dinner: Pork shoulder chop with swede, peas, courgette and a small piece of jacket potato

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • star_trek_fan
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in Monday as I'd change my day for this quarter. However, remembered this morning and I'm +1lb on.[COLOR="Black" Pleased with that as I've been eating rubbish due to
    a chest & ear infection and not feeling up to much. Didn't stop me eating however.[/COLOR]
    #77 Make 2019 in 2019 £164.04 / £2019
    Weight loss challenge#11 5 lb
  • GreenEcoGirl
    Options
    A very quick post from me whilst feeding my little boy. Disappointed to report a +2lb gain when I weighed myself on Monday morning. Not really sure why, as I've not done anything different, although we did have a meal out on Saturday night. It wasn't a feast and I didn't have dessert either. Guess it could be because I've not done as much walking these last few days...
    Must try harder...
    Trying to regain my pre-baby, pre-back surgery figure!
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    -1/2lb Please Cranky. I would have liked more but it's in the right direction.
    Hi all,

Like sirens I follow a SlimmingWorld plan which works for me, I'm also too lazy to count calories although if out I will check the calories on packs to give me some idea of what's in it and whether the taste is worth the calories. I find it doesn't suit me to cut out carbs although I try not to eat too much bread or wheat in general as it doesn't agree with me. I do eat a lot of fruit and veg and my more successful weight lost weeks often comes from eating vegetarian or fish and eating a lot less meat. But as said we're all different with different lifestyles so what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another and as you get older unfortunately it gets more difficult to lose
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

I think everyone's different but I tend to find that what I eat doesn't make too much difference to how much I lose, as long as I'm within my calorie limit, but cutting out carbs makes me much more hungry and likely to snap and eat everything in sight.

I don't know why but I seem to have a complete block on managing the 20 min run of C25K, I tried again last night and ended up having to stop and walk at pretty much the same point. I'm annoyed with myself for stopping but I'll try again tomorrow and maybe run a different route so that I don't know when I'm coming up to the point where I've stopped previously.
  • katiepants
    katiepants Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Weigh loss is all about maths. Calories in must < calories out. Whichever 'method' people chose (SW/low carb/Paleo etc. etc.), for it to be successful, the underlying theory must follow that maths.
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All,

It's been glorious weather here today. I've just been out for an evening walk with my sister who is here for the Easter weekend and it's still really warm.

I played tennis this morning and had a walk delivering publicity leaflets for work. Then the walk this evening so have done around 21,000 steps so far.

I've been busy shopping ready for a family day together. My other sister is coming for the day with her DH and DS and there'll be my Mother and my DH. Unfortunately, DS and DDil are working and DGD will be at her Nannys for the day so we probably won't see much of them. However, DS did manage to come for brunch today. Because the weather forecast is so nice I have decided we shall have a barbecue for a change. I'm afraid the icecream I bought for dessert has proved too tempting though and has already been broached!! And I know my sister has brought an enormous box of Hotel Chocolat chocolates for tomorrow too.

Brunch: Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes
    Dinner: Smoked salmon, avocado, mixed leaves, tomato and cucumber.
    Treats: Bowl of vanilla icecream and a caramel and honeycomb Magnum (oh dear).

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure