Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 30th Mar 19, 11:49 AM
    • 31Posts
    • 17Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    The Driver was observed leaving site whilst the vehicle remained parked on the premises
    • 30th Mar 19, 11:49 AM
    The Driver was observed leaving site whilst the vehicle remained parked on the premises 30th Mar 19 at 11:49 AM
    My partner received a Parking Charge stating that Driver left site.

He has a receipt as he was a genuine customer at the time of the alleged 'driver left site'.

My partner and myself can also produce bank statements showing that we have regularly shopped at this store dating back 2 years!

Please could you help me out with this.

MSE (Bargepole) previously helped me back In 2015.

I've been very careful not to obtain a PCN since then...

Many thanks
    Last edited by mumwantsjustice; 30-03-2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake noticed after posting
Page 2
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 5th Apr 19, 3:19 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    Managing director forwarded the complaint to customer services who are asking for the registration, and registered keepers full name, to pass on to T.P.S on my behalf. I will not give them that info and they already have the VRN.
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 5th Apr 19, 3:35 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    (DPD/TD - Before you jump in on ‘mitigation of loss’, please offer the form of words you would use to persuade a Judge away from using the Beavis catch-all. )

Sorry, I would love to, but my carer wants to take me for a spin in my new Bath chair, after which I am off to the Day Centre for a game of dominos.
    Originally posted by D_P_Dance
    I don't understand 😯
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Apr 19, 3:36 PM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    asking for the registration, and registered keepers full name, to pass on to T.P.S on my behalf.
    Give them that info, but on the proviso that:

- this is NOT the driver's data, it is the registered keeper's data, and

- the data is only passed to TPS with instructions to send you a cancellation.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 5th Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    Just be careful with these complaints. NO IMPLYING WHO WAS DRIVING.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I didn't and will not. Thank you
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    • 14,268 Posts
    • 16,208 Thanks
    KeithP
    Managing director forwarded the complaint to customer services who are asking for the registration, and registered keepers full name, to pass on to T.P.S on my behalf. I will not give them that info and they already have the VRN.
    Originally posted by mumwantsjustice
    Don't you think the store might need that information to get the PCN cancelled?
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 5th Apr 19, 3:40 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    Give them that info, but on the proviso that:

- this is NOT the driver's data, it is the registered keeper's data, and

- the data is only passed to TPS with instructions to send you a cancellation.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Super thanks again I am in the middle of drafting the email and wasn't going to give the details.
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 5th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    Don't you think the store might need that information to get the PCN cancelled?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Yes I suppose they would it's just how the customer services email reply was worded. It did not state that it was for it to be cancelled. So I am or was hesitant to send.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Apr 19, 3:54 PM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So you take the upper hand and insist the data is provided on that proviso.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 5th Apr 19, 3:58 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    After though they asked for full name not address! Could that be because I already put an address in the letter of complaint emailed to them
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Apr 19, 4:04 PM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would add the address to the email, it doesn't hurt as long as the driver is not implied.
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 11th Apr 19, 3:22 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    Hi guys so the retailer has replied back saying as they are happy to contact TPS requesting cancellation of this charge, but as this is not a company they have put in place, they do not have the authority to instruct them to cancel the PCN.

Given the above should I still allow the keepers details to be past to TPS?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Apr 19, 4:11 PM
    • 14,268 Posts
    • 16,208 Thanks
    KeithP
    Of course.

You want everyone to know that the store wants this charge cancelled.

Who is the company that the retailer has put in place?

Why are TPS involved if they have no contract with the retailer?
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-04-2019 at 4:43 PM.
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 12th Apr 19, 1:26 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    The retailer is Farmfood and it's a shared retail park. So the landowner are the ones who put TPS in place. That's just my guess!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 19, 5:59 PM
    • 23,009 Posts
    • 36,544 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    The retailer is Farmfood and it's a shared retail park. So the landowner are the ones who put TPS in place. That's just my guess!
    Find out who they are then, and press them. They need to know that one of their clients (FarmFoods) wants this charge cancelled.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Apr 19, 6:11 PM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    As with all retail park cases, then, your next level for complaint is obvious!

If Farmfoods emailed this reply, forward it to the retail park management to prove that one of their unit retailers, Farmfoods are keen to get the PCN cancelled.
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 16th Apr 19, 6:43 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    Case closed! It's been cancelled. Cheers guys. Complaining to the retailer, MP & trading standards had a powerful impact.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Apr 19, 7:05 PM
    • 23,009 Posts
    • 36,544 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Case closed! It's been cancelled. Cheers guys. Complaining to the retailer, MP & trading standards had a powerful impact.
    Well done - these leaving the site cases are very difficult for a PPC to pursue.

What did TS say? If they are showing any signs of ‘interest’, I’d pursue it more assertively with them and put TPS under similar duress to that they’ve put you under.

Don’t wipe your brow and be grateful it’s over - there’s a much bigger battle to fight against these sharks.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    • mumwantsjustice
    • By mumwantsjustice 16th Apr 19, 8:37 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mumwantsjustice
    Well done - these leaving the site cases are very difficult for a PPC to pursue.

What did TS say? If they are showing any signs of ‘interest’, I’d pursue it more assertively with them and put TPS under similar duress to that they’ve put you under.

Don’t wipe your brow and be grateful it’s over - there’s a much bigger battle to fight against these sharks.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    TS has shown no 'interest'. I've kept my local MP updated and the MP is happy to help if needed.

I'd love to take this further we need to stand together to fight these PPC. Something must be done to stop them.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Apr 19, 9:09 PM
    • 23,009 Posts
    • 36,544 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    TS has shown no 'interest'.
    No doubt too busy chasing dodgy CDs, or Calvin Klein fake belts at a couple of quid a throw!

Modern day Britain I’m afraid!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Apr 19, 9:19 PM
    • 11,072 Posts
    • 14,836 Thanks
    beamerguy
    TS has shown no 'interest'. I've kept my local MP updated and the MP is happy to help if needed.

I'd love to take this further we need to stand together to fight these PPC. Something must be done to stop them.
    TPS won't show interest, these scammers just move on to the next victim ...... only for the moment ?

The new government code of practice, available soon, will destroy these scammers. On this forum, there is a bucket list and guess what ....... TPS is on the bucket list ...... they need to go
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

39Posts Today

1,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin