Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • textbook
    • By textbook 28th Mar 19, 1:47 AM
    • 175Posts
    • 17Thanks
    textbook
    Am I traceable from a yahoo email, mobile number?
    • 28th Mar 19, 1:47 AM
    Am I traceable from a yahoo email, mobile number? 28th Mar 19 at 1:47 AM
    I am considering reporting an inheritance fraud crime to the police. When I tried to contact the relative of the deceased (the person who should have got the money) he sent the letter back to the fraudster. Anyway, to cut a story short, in the letter I had a made up yahoo email and made up phone number using an anonymous sim.

If the fraudster got arrested she would be trying to trace who wrote the letter to the nephew-

Could she track the location of the sim as she knows the phone number? They ping the location to a mobile tower I think

Could she know the location or IP address of where I made and sent the email from?

I didn't use my real name.

I also used an address of an old shared house I lived at six years ago (eight people live there at any one time ) . If the nephew wanted to write to me

If I dob her in, I don't want any kind of revenge coming back to me otherwise it's not worth it
    Last edited by textbook; 28-03-2019 at 2:17 AM.
Page 2
    • RumRat
    • By RumRat 13th Apr 19, 8:40 AM
    • 3,153 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    RumRat
    Not sure what you are frightened of, but, if you are, just step away.
    You have informed the nephew, who doesn't seem too bright (English speaking or not) and he has decided to do nothing.

As the solicitor told you it was a civil case, I'm not sure the Police would be interested.
    If she and her hit men haven't already tracked you down, I think you can rest easy.
    If the Police report a 'textbook' murder, we'll know she did.....
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
    • textbook
    • By textbook 15th Apr 19, 7:47 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    textbook
    Not sure what you are frightened of, but, if you are, just step away.
    You have informed the nephew, who doesn't seem too bright (English speaking or not) and he has decided to do nothing.

As the solicitor told you it was a civil case, I'm not sure the Police would be interested.
    If she and her hit men haven't already tracked you down, I think you can rest easy.
    If the Police report a 'textbook' murder, we'll know she did.....
    Originally posted by RumRat

The gifting or money might be criminal. You cant gift yourself 80,000

Anyway, how do I change the email in my Facebook and if I lived in a HMO six yrs ago would she work it out?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Apr 19, 9:11 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,325 Thanks
    KeithP
    Would I call crimestoppers or go into the station?
    Originally posted by textbook
    Action Fraud.

They'll tell you PDQ whether they will do anything or not.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

414Posts Today

5,453Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin