Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scots
    • By Scots 16th Mar 19, 2:08 PM
    • 138Posts
    • 22Thanks
    Scots
    Funding Circle slow selling
    • 16th Mar 19, 2:08 PM
    Funding Circle slow selling 16th Mar 19 at 2:08 PM
    I have about 10k in Funding Circle most of it loaned out. I set a sell order about 3 weeks ago and so far none of it has sold so I can't get my money out. Anyone know why that is. Last time I wanted to sell it did so almost immediately.
Page 2
    • Mr.Saver
    • By Mr.Saver 16th Apr 19, 10:25 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    Mr.Saver
    Just to say my loans sold today, all of them pretty much all in one go. So it took about 40 days with nothing selling at all and then the whole lot in one day
    Originally posted by Scots
    That is a bit longer than my previous case.

Now I'm selling the remaining a few hundreds that wasn't sold due to late payment at the time of selling the large bulk last month. I've waited for more than 30 days by now, and nothing is sold yet.
    • kcrane
    • By kcrane 17th Apr 19, 8:03 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kcrane
    I am in the same situation, sold the bulk of my loans a few weeks ago, but 14% didn't sell first time around. It wasn't obvious if that was because they were bad debt (and 14% bad debt would be a big issue) or if there was some other reason for not selling.

I tried re-listing the 14% and it allowed half of it to go on sale. That was a month ago, and so far no luck selling.

In a way my bigger concern is if it turns out that 7% of my capital has been lost to bad debt.

If you haven't downloaded your 18/19 annual Funding Circle tax statement I suggest you take a look.
    • criston
    • By criston 17th Apr 19, 10:49 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    criston
    Take at look at my thread on P2P forums/Funding Circle 'Selling Loans - Time frame'

Give me the dates of all your instructions to sell, eventually followed up by actual date sold & I will add them to my thread.

This will then give us all an idea how long you have to wait
    Last edited by criston; 17-04-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    • kcrane
    • By kcrane 17th Apr 19, 10:57 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kcrane
    Hi @criston

Can't find that thread, can you add a hyperlink?

Ta
    • criston
    • By criston 17th Apr 19, 11:09 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    criston
    Will not allow me to place web site links here.

Website. p2pindependentforum
    home
    funding circle
    'Selling Loans - Time frame'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,896Posts Today

7,304Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin