Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Raymond Rutter
    • By Raymond Rutter 13th Mar 19, 10:23 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Raymond Rutter
    Endowment mis-selling
    • 13th Mar 19, 10:23 AM
    Endowment mis-selling 13th Mar 19 at 10:23 AM
    I took my mortgage endowment mis-selling claim to the ombudsman about 3 years ago and it was rejected. Martin Lewis said last week that it could be taken to a formal review at a higher level, but I cannot find out what the body is called. Is it still the official ombudsman? Could anyone advise the email/postal name and address?
Page 1
    • Bermonia
    • By Bermonia 13th Mar 19, 10:33 AM
    • 701 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    Bermonia
    • 13th Mar 19, 10:33 AM
    • 13th Mar 19, 10:33 AM
    Not sure who that would be but your complaint process with the FOS has ended so will not be them.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 13th Mar 19, 11:29 AM
    • 98,597 Posts
    • 67,017 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 13th Mar 19, 11:29 AM
    • 13th Mar 19, 11:29 AM
    Martin Lewis said last week that it could be taken to a formal review at a higher level,
    The FOS use adjudicators to assess the complaints refer to them. If either side disagrees with the adjudicator decision then you have the right to refer it to an ombudsman.

Is it still the official ombudsman?
    Yes it is the FOS. However, you no longer have access to it as you are way past the deadline.

However, if it makes you feel any better, ombudsman only overrules adjudicators in around 10% of cases and most of those are in more complicated areas.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,831Posts Today

6,843Users online

Martin's Twitter