Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 10th Mar 19, 6:24 AM
    • 13,802Posts
    • 43,054Thanks
    sarah1972
    M&S sale has started
    • 10th Mar 19, 6:24 AM
    M&S sale has started 10th Mar 19 at 6:24 AM
    Just logged in to my Sparks and the sale is now live.

Your priority access to the M&S Sale
    Follow the links below and jump the queue with up to 50% off. Your discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/offers/priority-access/womens

You should see the links to all departments as soon as you log into sparks.
    Last edited by sarah1972; 10-03-2019 at 6:27 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 2
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 4th Apr 19, 6:21 PM
    • 3,889 Posts
    • 22,275 Thanks
    mrs lds
    90% next week
    Originally posted by marbella
    What day next week tia?
    • Lavendar
    • By Lavendar 7th Apr 19, 12:10 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Lavendar
    Got some very good bargains in oxford street yesterday nice pink cardigan about 3 additional 10% at the till bras 2.99 Nightshirt about 1.30 plus other bits and pieces.
    • Ladyi
    • By Ladyi 8th Apr 19, 11:30 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Ladyi
    Not sure when the 90 is. It is still 70 in store
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 8th Apr 19, 12:26 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    General Grant
    Yesterday (Sunday) my local M&S had fair bit available and with an additional 10% off the sale price. So I got a shift dress originally 19.50 for 5.39 (5.99 less 10%).

This morning - no sale rack.
    • Anvil1
    • By Anvil1 8th Apr 19, 8:57 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Anvil1
    90% off

Just read post on HUKD that says 90% off starts Friday 12 April
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 10th Apr 19, 5:15 AM
    • 7,358 Posts
    • 10,771 Thanks
    surfsister
    thanks Anvil and others I fill my wardrobe on the 90% off days! ha!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 10th Apr 19, 6:04 PM
    • 4,436 Posts
    • 10,119 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Beware that even when people say it's gone to 70% or 90% here, it's up to 70% or up to 90%. I visited by local and most stuff was still between 50-60% off. Except the most unpopular i.e. unflattering lines. They know what they can hang onto and sell for more these days!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 35,397.06
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks 2,700.00
    • marbella
    • By marbella 12th Apr 19, 8:27 AM
    • 808 Posts
    • 850 Thanks
    marbella
    90% off started today.
    • Lily54
    • By Lily54 12th Apr 19, 11:55 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Lily54
    Popped in this morning, 90% off, nothing in my size but never mind. Shocked to see a group of women grabbing everything off the childrens' rail and take it over into a corner to sort through on the floor and just leave what they didn't want on the floor.
    • Ladyi
    • By Ladyi 12th Apr 19, 3:28 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Ladyi
    Most of the men's stuff was not reduced to 90. The shirts and sweaters were all around the 70 mark. They said they were told not to reduce the men's any further at this point...
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 12th Apr 19, 5:48 PM
    • 2,086 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    Sncjw
    I managed to get the sports wear I like. I got two jackets several sports leggings and couple of top. Also some smart trousers.

I got 140 of stuff for 14. I love the m and S sale
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 12th Apr 19, 10:30 PM
    • 10,455 Posts
    • 37,881 Thanks
    luxor4t
    7.89 for a raincoat, instead of 79, DH found 45 trousers for less than 5 and Italian leather gloves for 5

I had hoped to find clothes for my grandson, but there was nothing for toddler boys - literally nothing. I can only assume that somebody scooped the lot.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • Bacman
    • By Bacman 15th Apr 19, 8:32 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Bacman
    I used to be able to buy shirts and trousers pretty much without trying them on at M&S, however since they changed their sizing a few years back the shirts are baggy at the top and tight in the midrift and the sleeves are too small. If you're an XXL size you don't have dainty arms! Trousers are too tight on the bum too now. I'm still using M&S clothes I bought 20 years ago; and Ciro Cittero from 25 years ago; still fit me nicely.

Underwear - also used to be M&S, now I use Asda or TU (Sainsburys) - they are about 1/3 the price and also better quality - M&S ones the elastic seems to fail quickly.

M&S sizes have gone useless, quality of clothing decreased and they are expensive - they are destined to fail. Their food, which they rely on, is "ok but expensive", nothing great. They have lost their way...
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 16th Apr 19, 5:49 AM
    • 6,884 Posts
    • 19,755 Thanks
    Doc N
    I used to be able to buy shirts and trousers pretty much without trying them on at M&S, however since they changed their sizing a few years back the shirts are baggy at the top and tight in the midrift and the sleeves are too small. If you're an XXL size you don't have dainty arms! Trousers are too tight on the bum too now. I'm still using M&S clothes I bought 20 years ago; and Ciro Cittero from 25 years ago; still fit me nicely.

Underwear - also used to be M&S, now I use Asda or TU (Sainsburys) - they are about 1/3 the price and also better quality - M&S ones the elastic seems to fail quickly.

M&S sizes have gone useless, quality of clothing decreased and they are expensive - they are destined to fail. Their food, which they rely on, is "ok but expensive", nothing great. They have lost their way...
    Originally posted by Bacman
    Couldn't agree more - much the same here, and I've gone over recent years from buying absolutely all clothing at M&S to absolutely none.

Grossly overpriced, boring and indifferent quality.

The current '50 shades of beige' ad campaign says it all - it may be ironic, but it's a pretty accurate summary of what's gone wrong with their women's clothing range over recent years. My wife just finds their clothing now so totally dull and boring.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,211Posts Today

7,118Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin