Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • primroseangel
    • By primroseangel 6th Mar 19, 8:42 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 9Thanks
    primroseangel
    PCN Port of Wells Civil Enforcement Ltd
    • 6th Mar 19, 8:42 AM
    PCN Port of Wells Civil Enforcement Ltd 6th Mar 19 at 8:42 AM
    Hi All

On 28th of October last year I parked in the Port of Wells Car park. I put in my Reg and paid for the ticket which I still have. On the 5 Nov I received a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd stating I had not put in the correct Registration which I am sure I did. The ticket has only the last SDY digits of my number plate. At the time I thought (as some car parks do) that only the last three digits were printed. I appeal and Poplar have come back with unsuccessful. This is extremely upsetting and I am being chased for a further bill of £140 and threatening letters of courts and balliffs attending our property and taking our vehicle. I am a recent cancer survivor and have gone through so much treatment and this has left me so scared and upset.
    Last edited by primroseangel; 21-03-2019 at 7:17 AM.
Page 4
    • BernieCrumbles
    • By BernieCrumbles 16th May 19, 7:30 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BernieCrumbles
    And if it isnít the registered keeper making the complaint, but an invested distinct party?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th May 19, 10:28 AM
    • 14,668 Posts
    • 16,856 Thanks
    KeithP
    ...an invested distinct party?
    Originally posted by BernieCrumbles
    Crikey! We don't see many of those round here.
    • BernieCrumbles
    • By BernieCrumbles 17th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BernieCrumbles
    Itís very odd that the harbour is attempting to absolve itself of all responsibility; I have called daily this week but the Harbour Master continues to evade me, although today I was told that he too is claiming that they have no power over CEL when it comes to cancellation of PCNs. They donít seem to realise that the more they try to bury their heads, the further the case against them develops and the likelihood of the total closure of the car park increases.
    • FrankCannon
    • By FrankCannon 19th May 19, 8:08 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    FrankCannon
    Would you be able to post your photos of the car park signage on Imgur, Primroseangel ? I would be interested in seeing the signage from the road as I'm fairly sure that it hasn't changed since the Google Streetview pictures were taken in 2017.

The 2018 annual report from the Wells Harbour Commissioners has this to say about the car park ......

There has been much social media debate about the new parking enforcement regulations on the quayside car park. Wells Harbour Commissioners did announce the changes ahead of the installation of the cameras . All the Commissioners expect is for people to purchase a valid ticket at the machines, we are a business just like any other and we rely on the income from the car park to pay for the upkeep of equipment, moorings and plant that maintains our beautiful harbour. At £4.50 a day it is still the cheapest car park in town with the best view! The majority of complaints are from people stating that they have never bothered to buy a ticket when stopping for fish and chips, despite very clear signs requiring them to do so. They are outraged to now find themselves with a parking fine for not having purchased a ticket. We have never operated a ďfreeĒ car park to purchase fish and chips and it is not free after 6pm. Our charges run from 8am to midnight, however if you arrive after 6pm the charge is reduced to £1, so please remember to purchase a valid ticket at the machine.

It looks as though the Commissioners believe that they have the power to fine people who park in their park or fine people who eat fish and chips. They also state that the signage is clear, but it obviously isn't with so many people being caught out by this scam.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,684Posts Today

6,916Users online

Martin's Twitter