Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 2 Foot of Head
    • By 2 Foot of Head 5th Mar 19, 8:01 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 16Thanks
    2 Foot of Head
    NTK for PCN - Access Road at Retail Park in Pontefract.
    • 5th Mar 19, 8:01 PM
    NTK for PCN - Access Road at Retail Park in Pontefract. 5th Mar 19 at 8:01 PM
    Hi everbody,

I've recently received a NTK for a PCN for stopping in a zone where stopping is not permitted. Basically, the NTK makes the following allegation.

"The Contravention was detected and recorded by Mobile Enforcement Cameras (CCTV) at the Privately Operated access roads as specified above. The driver of the above vehicle is liable for the Parking Charge for which payment is now due. The period of parking to which this Notice relates is the period immediately preceding the Contravention Time stated in this Notice. The charge has been incurred for the reason stated and liability for the same having been brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage placed at the entrance to the controlled area (site) and in prominent places throughout.

The NTK includes 3 x date and time stamped images of the vehicle in question, with 1 minute and 3 seconds between the first and final image. It is obvious that the enforcement camera has moved at some stage as the viewing angle changes between the first and final images.
    Also included on the NTK is a clip-art type image of a No Stopping sign - however, after returning to the site, the signs there display the No Waiting sign, with the text "PRIVATE LAND, No Parking or Waiting on Access Road, Charges Apply 24 Hours Per Day, Parking Charge 100." There is also text relating to the fact that by entering this private land you are entering into a contract with VCS - however, the picture I took is blurred, so I will have to return to get more images. There are no markings on the road in this area.

I fully intend to appeal the PCN and spent 3 and a half hours reading the Newbies stickies on here last night in order to get prepared. The problem I have now is any appeal has to be lodged online at myparkingcharge.co.uk. where there is a section relating to the "Appeal Details" and a "Reason" which invites you to select an option from a drop down menu. The only options that don't allude to who was driving are as follows:

My vehicle is permitted to park and is on the vehicle exemptions list.
    My vehicle was not in the car park at the time the contravention occurred.
    There was no signage at the car park/location indicating any restrictions.
    This vehicle has never been owned by me.
    My number plate was cloned.
    The vehicle was stolen or taken without my consent.

There is no "other" option and it seems to me, that the ones listed above do not accurately reflect my reason for appealing - the best option is the one relating to signage. However, as I've already mentioned, I have already returned to the site and there are several signs. It seems to me that they are deliberately trying to get me to enter an incorrect or misleading reason for appeal to make it easier for them to reject my appeal. I have tried to submit the form without selecting a reason for appeal but this is not possible.

As a newbie, any advice or opinions are both welcome and greatly appreciated.
Page 3
    • 2 Foot of Head
    • By 2 Foot of Head 15th Jan 20, 1:54 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    2 Foot of Head
    Hi everybody,

Just to let you know my case was dismissed today, as, in the Judge's opinion, the signage was not clear enough. I will provide more details once I can get on my PC but for the moment, thanks to everyone n the site, for the advice I have been given and for the advice contained in all the other posts.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Jan 20, 2:37 PM
    • 6,299 Posts
    • 8,355 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Fab! Hopefully you got costs as well?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jan 20, 3:12 PM
    • 26,806 Posts
    • 35,091 Thanks
    Redx
    Well done , another win , we are on a roll this year , over 10 wins I believe in only 2 weeks

Several have been VCS

Another one bites the dust !!
    Last edited by Redx; 15-01-2020 at 6:39 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • 2 Foot of Head
    • By 2 Foot of Head 15th Jan 20, 5:11 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    2 Foot of Head
    As Churchill says, "ohhh yes!"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jan 20, 4:25 AM
    • 80,775 Posts
    • 95,427 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Brilliant news! Do tell us which court and what happened. WELL DONE!

ANOTHER VCS ONE BITES THE DUST!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,868Posts Today

5,932Users online

Martin's Twitter