Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BountyHunter
    • By BountyHunter 28th Feb 19, 6:21 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 88Thanks
    BountyHunter
    Newcastle Airport UKPPO BW Legal collective defence group
    • 28th Feb 19, 6:21 PM
    Newcastle Airport UKPPO BW Legal collective defence group 28th Feb 19 at 6:21 PM
    Starting this thread as there are a group of us (11 at last count) that are currently in touch via WhatsApp as a result of Claim Forms dated 15 Feb for Parking Charge Notices at Newcastle Airport for stopping (outside of the car park) at various places on surrounding airport roads - claims dating back 2-3 years.

We are currently helping each other attempt to get through the minefield of information and are now at the point where we might need advice to confirm our ideas.
Page 10
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th Apr 19, 9:43 PM
    • 3,684 Posts
    • 4,632 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    no they would have been removed once setasides were granted , if the parking co had wanted to actually fight you they would have had to start again , not simply go after someone that was not in a position to fight

perhaps the info given by the court was wrong?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Elliot_8
    • By Elliot_8 15th Apr 19, 9:48 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Elliot_8
    The only way I could appeal was through a hearing because the CCJ's were already entered against me.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th Apr 19, 9:54 PM
    • 3,684 Posts
    • 4,632 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    yes its called setaside , where you challenge them on many grounds including the fact that you never received court papers (in army), at which point the CCJ s would simply not be there , of the parking co had wished to continue they would have (to basicly) start again

in your case being on "active duty" in armed forced would have probably resulted in repayment of 2 x 255 fees

and PS , a CCJ is not "entered against you" until the time to pay has expired , ie 31 days
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Elliot_8
    • By Elliot_8 15th Apr 19, 10:32 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Elliot_8
    I went into Crown Court today to try and setaside by filling in a N244 form and was told it would cost those fees as it needed a hearing and there was no guarantee of winning. Also the CCJ's are already on my credit report because it has shown up on Clearscore.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th Apr 19, 10:38 PM
    • 3,684 Posts
    • 4,632 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    no county court ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

in your case the fact that you were in active service (paperwork / suntan?) would have proved that you did not receive court papers and WOULD have been a win

at which point the CCJ would have been deleted

should the Parking Co wish to ery again you would have killed them , beat them in court
    Last edited by twhitehousescat; 15-04-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    • Elliot_8
    • By Elliot_8 15th Apr 19, 10:42 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Elliot_8
    County Court*

How can you be so sure?
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th Apr 19, 10:46 PM
    • 3,684 Posts
    • 4,632 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    because small claims are not done in crown court , they are done in YOUR local county court , or in the case of a default win (your case) at northhamton (sorting) , in your cases would have cost them a mere 25 each
    • darren1098
    • By darren1098 16th Apr 19, 12:37 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    darren1098
    Just received a letter from BW Legal.

"Our client intends to continue with the claim, we confirm that we have notified the court of the same"
    • Fanta41
    • By Fanta41 16th Apr 19, 12:50 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fanta41
    Hi All,

I think i'm in a very similar situation, I've just posted about it as I have just received a Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track.

I had pulled up by the hotel just outside the airport parking area and dropped a family member off as the hotel barrier was down, before driving to the long stay, parking up and heading back over to hotel.

Look forward to any advice you guys have.
    • ianeverton
    • By ianeverton 16th Apr 19, 11:46 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    ianeverton
    Just received a letter from BW Legal.

"Our client intends to continue with the claim, we confirm that we have notified the court of the same"
    Originally posted by darren1098
    Any of the other defendants received this beauty of a letter?

"our client intends to continue with the claim!"
    Well go on then! get a move on. If they are so confident of a win then why the procrastination? Pay the 25 filing fee and lets get it on. Or are they not even prepared to risk 25?

Furthest i ever got previously with another company was this stage. Multiple hearings to be heard as one but they pooped in their pants and didnt pay the filing fee.
    • jonnnn12
    • By jonnnn12 17th Apr 19, 7:48 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jonnnn12
    Yes a number of us have received this letter and therefore we are all in the same boat.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Apr 19, 7:56 PM
    • 70,253 Posts
    • 82,858 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What's happened to the person who tried the option of contesting jurisdiction?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Fanta41
    • By Fanta41 23rd Apr 19, 11:17 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fanta41
    Hi All,

Trying to get on track with this as I know i'm behind on where I should be.

I've contacted Bounty to get in the whatsapp group and I've sent off a SAR to UKPPO using the legal beagle template.

I've recently received my Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track and have until the 29th to return the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire, should I still contact BW Legal to inform them I have sent their client a SAR, should I be sending a SAR to BW Legal? What I have read only some posts reference sending a SAR to BW so i'm not 100%.

Thanks in advance guys, any advice for the directions questionnaire is appreciated, I have seen an earlier post in this thread with template answers so planning to use them.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 23rd Apr 19, 11:48 AM
    • 39,337 Posts
    • 87,799 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    As far as I know, the SAR goes to the PPC only. It's up to them to tell BW.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,958Posts Today

7,041Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin