Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 25th Feb 19, 6:01 PM
    • 15,623Posts
    • 53,553Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffy's 30 Month Plan
    • 25th Feb 19, 6:01 PM
    Buffy's 30 Month Plan 25th Feb 19 at 6:01 PM
    Hello All,

I have been here for a really time, got out of debt twice and then got in debt again! It is like a hobby.........a really crap limiting unsatisfying hobby!

Currently I am 4841 pounds in debt, don't own a house and have about 1000 across very various accounts for insurance, Christmas, the Summer etc.

In thirty months I aim to have paid off the debt, have 10,000 saved up - some in a help to buy ISA (6000) and some in various saving accounts.

Ideally I will have more savings, but the 30 months is effectively 200 for the debt and 200 for the house, the debt will be paid off before that and then that gets saved somewhere.

This will be achieved by August the 25th 2021.

Well.
    That is it. There is the plan.

Love Buffy XXX
    Sealed Pot 12 - 008, 365, 1p a day, 1%, 100 days, Saving to be out of debt!
Page 15
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 14th May 19, 11:11 PM
    • 1,616 Posts
    • 8,188 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    I was chatting with someone about jobs and I've been amazed that some vacancies are restricting pay to M1-M3 which immediately knocks back anyone with a few years experience from applying, unless they are willing to take a pay cut.
    paydbx2019 #93 699.95/10,100 .
    School trips 1216/1269..
    EF 260
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 14th May 19, 11:13 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    The dogs are thoroughly miserable because I haven't gone to bed yet.

I have been thinking about the job situation for a while now. I always think of Beanie's Out of debt out of danger thing. I am so annoyed with myself for being in debt again and so making it difficult to make the decision.

In 20 weeks it will be the 7th of October. Just before the next resignation date. If I could be out of debt by then or at least by the October pay day that would be good. Or even the December pay day. It would give me options. 20 little weeks.

My debt is 4668. Well It was, I have paid off 668 with the saving. Now it is 4000. If I can pay off 500 a month then I will be out of debt by the end of the year (which is 33 weeks if anyone is interested) . Plus interest but you get the idea. I am due one lot of PPI still and that will go in the savings. I will replace the savings (remember I owe myself 668)

Anyhow that is the plan. And it is past midnight. so must go to bed and perhaps I will sleep!

XXXX
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 14th May 19, 11:15 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    I was chatting with someone about jobs and I've been amazed that some vacancies are restricting pay to M1-M3 which immediately knocks back anyone with a few years experience from applying, unless they are willing to take a pay cut.
    Originally posted by Honeysucklelou2
    Yep and an awful lot of places set their own pay scales - so much lower than what you would expect. Depressing.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th May 19, 8:31 AM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    It isn't.

I think I have to make sure my life outside of work is bigger than my life in work. so take a step back and not get involved. Make sure other stuff takes up my time.

XX
    Originally posted by Buffythedebtslayer
    More or less what I said to B the other day xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 16th May 19, 7:35 AM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Not been sleeping this week at all, which is unusual. Last night had a lovely evening with a friend, she cooked a really nice meal. But I woke up this morning with a sore throat and earache so I called in sick. Not really normal for me but I am working Saturday as well so need to be well for that.

I checked all my accounts. All good.

Feel like crap tho. so back to bed!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 19, 9:01 AM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope that you are on the mend soon xx

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 16th May 19, 10:41 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Still have a sore throat, spent all day in bed asleep pretty much, fever broke this even tho so am on the mend. My sheets are beyond needing washing, a good burning should be on the cards but I don't have the energy. Yuck.

Spends today.

1. Roller thing for Mum - she has plantar fac.....something or another. (8)
    2. Present for friend's little boy (20)
    3. Petrol - (40)
    4. purchased school resources by mistake (!!!!!!) hopefully will get a refund.

Am weirdly hungry. Might have cocoa.

xxx
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 16th May 19, 11:45 PM
    • 1,616 Posts
    • 8,188 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Hope you are fully recovered soon...not long til half term.
    paydbx2019 #93 699.95/10,100 .
    School trips 1216/1269..
    EF 260
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 17th May 19, 8:58 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Felt like crap all day. Earache has the ability to reduce me to a whiny six year old at ten paces.

Work sucked BIG ONES.

D ick texted. Made me STUPIDLY happy. STUPIDLY. I am such an idiot. stupid stupid stupid. He is not interested. I just want to feel.......safe. Like someone can't just come and turn my life upside at a moment's notice. And the thing is
    life can be turned upside down at a moment's notice. That is the point. You have to deal with it. Every time he gets in touch it just makes me feel so vulnerable. I can't relax. I hate not knowing when in reality I do know, it just isn't finished.

I am starting a new health "thing" on Monday. Mum has injured her neck so swimming is out for now. So instead I am going to walk down to the high street and back again, should take me about 40 minutes. Will take longer first off obviously, I am so unfit. And it is a big hill! Am continuing with the yoga and will do the work M, T, W. I have a DVD to start the following week. And then hopefully one of the walks to switch to swimming.

Need to check the spending. I had to buy my friend's birthday present, and in order to get it here on time I ordered my new trainers - which I wasn't going to get till pay day. Oops.

All this other stuff from work is playing on my mind. please let all the vulnerable kids be ok this weekend.

Ugh. I want to curl up on a sofa with D ick. And feel safe.

XXXXX
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 19, 9:05 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    We all want to feel safe.
    Dont know what to say to that really.

Hope the kids you are thinking about are safe over the weekend xxx

***Keep plodding***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 17th May 19, 9:28 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Yeah I know. I think I am just feeling a bit sickened by the world and its problems.

I think I shall go to bed!

XXX
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 19, 9:46 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sweet dreams xxx

***Keep plodding***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 19th May 19, 10:56 AM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Banging headache as over indulged last night. Bailey's I love you but you give me a vile hangover.

Also think there was a spider on my face or most horrifying of all in my nose when I woke up, am trying not to dwell on it but not the best start to the day!

I have had breakfast and going to walk the dogs, clean out the small furries and sort out a couple of things in the garden. Then it is operation room once I am feeling a bit better. The next stage is move the bed again (plan A hasn't worked, on to plan B) and sort out under bed storage.

Exciting stuff.

xxxx
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 19th May 19, 1:57 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Started the gardening, not got near the small furries. Strimmers are hard work and stinging nettles are evil.

having a nap. XX
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 19th May 19, 2:09 PM
    • 7,132 Posts
    • 52,271 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Hope you get everything done you want to achieve today, you seem to have a never-ending to do list like me!

Hope work is better this coming week xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2019 251.96
    Weight loss 7.5/9LBS
    Emergency Fund 3260/10,000
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 19th May 19, 7:04 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    I cannot keep being friends with the D ick. I am almost in tears cos he has sent me a load of houses he wants to look at. I actually couldn't eat. For !!!!'s sake. This is ridiculous. Someone tell me how to stop bloody feeling like this. He wants to meet for a drink in half term, but no specifics so no doubt that won't happen.

I have come to a couple of conclusions today. I am really working class. I feel like I have made a life for myself that is surrounded by middle class people. I am the only one in my family who went to Uni etc and the men I have dated haven't worked out for various reasons, with one guy(working class) it was definitely cos he was intimidated by my education and knowledge - which I know is his problem blah blah. But it is a fitting in thing. Or maybe I am actually scared out of my life re commitment. TOO MUCH thinking.

But I do know i feel like I don't fit in to this middle class thing. Big family gatherings in barns (!) and wine that isn't from a supermarket. I know I sound mental and judgey but I just don't. And in my line of work and my group of friends from work that is all I meet. Or no one. And D ick is like middle class on steroids and from the enemy part of London (only half joking on that!!!) and I know when I with him none of that matters but some of the things he says I am just like.........stop being such a knob!

I did a lot in the garden today but still got the animals to sort. Debating on that. should do it now really. oh don't appear to be moving............Hmm.
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 19th May 19, 7:15 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Going to make my vision board for my house. !!!! you D ick.

Jealousy shouldn't motivate me this well!

Went out to the garden to sort the rabbits. Had a bit of an epiphany. He is actually the kinda of teacher I hate (well that is a bit strong, but they get on my tits). That is why he didn't work out at my school. And this might offend some people so I am genuinely sorry if it does and I do understand that this is my (somewhat) odd prejudice. He is what I would call a middle class do gooder. He became a teacher to change lives - as do we all, but from the perspective that he is better, he knows better than the kids he teaches and that they should be grateful(he has more or less said this)... Whereas I became a teacher to give the kids a choice, some freedom. opportunities. Yes a way out of poverty certainly. I don't expect them to be grateful, I expect a fight, a fear, being different is hard. Most won't take the chance but some do. And I do it for them. I suppose you could say he teaches kids similar to him, and I teach similar to me. I know there will be people reading this thinking there is no class divide. I suppose I think in old fashioned terms? But there is serious poverty out there. Terrified hungry children, vulnerable to everything, without stabilty or consistency let alone the bank of Mum and Dad to help. And it is getting worse.

And outside in the garden I got so angry with myself, I am still the same woman who became a teacher for those reasons all those years ago. I am not jealous of him. I don't have to fit in. There is no fight, we aren't even in the same game.
    Last edited by Buffythedebtslayer; 19-05-2019 at 8:37 PM. Reason: Thinking, realising.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 20th May 19, 5:25 PM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 41,346 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    I totally get what you're saying Buffy. I'm from a very working class background, and I work in a very deprived area where motivation and support is a rare thing in our students. It's hard. But we do make a difference - although it may not feel like it.
    I prefer your teaching way.
    NST May #18 nsd = 11 1 debt vs 100 days #5 553/553 Pay all your debt by Xmas '19 #56: 997.60/5750
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 20th May 19, 7:10 PM
    • 6,876 Posts
    • 44,819 Thanks
    Pooky
    I get it too, I'm very working class and DH wasn't, he was used to foreign homes, servants, money was flashed about like it didn't mean anything. He's happily settled into my way of life but his family still struggle to see how we can be happy. (Although I do know his parents do have some respect for me to sticking to my principles).

I did struggle at first, I was a single Mum living in a wreck of a house and struggling to pay the mortgage and feed the kids, I often went without food so they could eat. On our 2nd date he brought a bottle of wine that was more than my monthly food budget and I cried, cried for the injustice that he could afford it, cried because I could have so used that money to fill the cupboards and cried because I really enjoyed it and felt guilty.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 20th May 19, 7:56 PM
    • 15,623 Posts
    • 53,553 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Yeah and I don't mean he is bad, he is a fantastic teacher, very imaginative and clever. He could teach in any other school I have worked in(and in this one under the old head) . Far more consistent then me and actually better than me in terms of knowing how to teach I manage a lot on personality (shockingly I do have one). But there is an arrogance there (that ok, I find really attractive!) and in the same way I might be dismissive of privilege and not get the kids he didn't get our kids all the time. Plus management are beyond useless. Like it is ridiculous.

I do really like him. He is a good man. For some reason am feeling better about that today.

So anyway moving on.

Cos things are.
    And they are changing.
    Half term soon. did some gardening yesterday so am moving on there, did intend to come home tonight and do more sorting but feel like crap again so not going to. Am out tomorrow and that must go on the CC

I have decided not to go away but instead set myself the challenge of making 100 pounds in Half term - by selling on FB. And ensure my life is better by half term end. One way or another.

Take care all - now off to watch Game of Thrones

XXXX
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

16Posts Today

2,902Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin