Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AliceBanned
    • By AliceBanned 25th Feb 19, 3:48 PM
    • 2,515Posts
    • 1,187Thanks
    AliceBanned
    Comer Group and NLBP
    • 25th Feb 19, 3:48 PM
    Comer Group and NLBP 25th Feb 19 at 3:48 PM
    I have been ticked for parking in staff parking bay without a permit at North London Business Park.

I believe the fee is excessive and signage unclear. The restrictions changed very recently and new signs went up.

The land is owned by Comer Group and when I phoned them they could not provide me with a name or dept to complain to about the ticketing. I have also appealed to the parking company and following this received a NTK from Parking Collection Services, which I will appeal.

I have some questions which I need help with please as I can't see much relevant to my case on the forum

1. Do I have to do the same appeal to PCS re signage as I did to the original ticket (Secure a Space)? Or just go straight to POPLA now?
    2. How do I get information on the contract this company has with North London Business Park and how do I complain to the company? They simply refer me back to North London Business Park, and NLBP does not own the land, they do? I am not certain that Secure a Space are contracted to enforce on the bay I was parked in. There are several different types and this was a staff permit bay. I did not have a permit displayed but if they are not contracted to enforce then I don't think it is right that they charge me.

thanks
    DFW. PayDBX 2019#163
    Debt at LBM: 18,335
    Current debt: 9,430
    Mort overpaid 800 EF: 180
    • By AliceBanned 12th May 19, 2:06 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    HI AliceBanned

any update on your appeal.

i am going through the same process with PCS and Secure A space.
    Originally posted by rasltd
    Not yet rasltd. I will post as soon as I hear back. I submitted my response on the POPLA website. I think I had good evidence ie their 'contract' was old and the signage. Are you appealing re the same car park? Good luck anyway.
    DFW. PayDBX 2019#163
    • By rasltd 14th May 19, 5:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    rasltd
    many thanks for your response

yes, i am appealing against a PCN in the same car park. I would appreciate any information you can supply me in relation to the issue with the contract and signage

The car park isn't managed properly and the pay machine doesn't work. The app sometime freezes.
    • AliceBanned
    • By AliceBanned 16th May 19, 8:11 AM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    OK at what stage in the process are you?

I agree - it's shambolic and what's annoying is it is forcing people out onto the neighbouring streets to park and the car park is half empty.
    DFW. PayDBX 2019#163
    • By AliceBanned 17th May 19, 6:10 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    Just received the news - appeal won!

Thanks MSE and forumites for the wealth of advice!!
    DFW. PayDBX 2019#163
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 19, 6:14 PM
    • 23,382 Posts
    • 37,255 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Just received the news - appeal won!

Thanks MSE and forumites for the wealth of advice!!
    Originally posted by AliceBanned
    Can you copy and paste the POPLA decision please in the POPLA Decisions sticky.

Would you mind putting about 10 paragraph line spaces into the slab of text they will have sent you.

Thank you ..... and well done on your success.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • AliceBanned
    • By AliceBanned 17th May 19, 6:28 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    Can you copy and paste the POPLA decision please in the POPLA Decisions sticky.

Would you mind putting about 10 paragraph line spaces into the slab of text they will have sent you.

Thank you ..... and well done on your success.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Will do this weekend Umkomaas. Wasn't sure how to report it on here so thanks! Off out now so will definitely do tomorrow or Sun.
    DFW. PayDBX 2019#163
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 19, 8:01 PM
    • 23,382 Posts
    • 37,255 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Off out now so will definitely do tomorrow or Sun.
    Not out drinking and celebrating your success, surely? Please have some regard for the poor PPC, who will be licking their wounds tonight. Heartless!

Stitched them up like a kipper!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • rasltd
    • By rasltd 18th May 19, 5:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    rasltd
    Hey, congrats on winning the appeal.

I received the POPLA code yesterday and need to prepare an appeal. I initially used the blue template which was rejected and they did send me the ntk within 56 days.

Can you please share parts of your successful appeal with POPLA.
    • AliceBanned
    • By AliceBanned 19th May 19, 8:37 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    Hey, congrats on winning the appeal.

I received the POPLA code yesterday and need to prepare an appeal. I initially used the blue template which was rejected and they did send me the ntk within 56 days.

Can you please share parts of your successful appeal with POPLA.
    Originally posted by rasltd
    Thanks my appeal was cut and paste from the sticky - no changes made.

Just decide on what grounds you are appealing (signage and lack of landowner authority, and anything else) and then cut and paste from the thread. I won my appeal on those two alone.
    DFW. PayDBX 2019#163
    • By AliceBanned 19th May 19, 9:09 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    I won't be parking there again but I parked in the staff places occasionally as colleagues told me it was ok to do so and apparently some had done so for years. The car park wasn't managed at all and the whole site is going to be pulled down in a few months too, for housing.

So this made me doubt the company had landowner authority. How could they start aggressive ticketing all of a sudden when the site won't even exist soon and people have been parking there for years and not been ticketed? Seems a bit odd and very unfair on staff who had considered it ok to park there for so long, and didn't mind parking elsewhere if it was clear that they would be fined for parking in the NCP.

Now I do cheeky free parking in residential streets, to the probable annoyance of local residents. It is my only way of getting to the office, parking somewhere in the area.
    DFW. PayDBX 2019#163
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 19, 9:40 PM
    • 72,078 Posts
    • 84,429 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If you have to drive past ANPR cameras on private land (e.g. retail parks) get into the habit of covering your numberplate* with a black stretchy sock, or dark carrier bag, securely stretched over the digits, before you leave.

Keep it in your boot or glovebox expressly to cover your numberplate from scammers.

Of course be quick to stop and remove it once on street/round the corner out of sight, as it is illegal on street. But it is NOT illegal on private land to refuse to lay your data out on a plate for a third party scammer to collect just because you've gone to Tesco, or a Hospital, Hotel, etc.

If everyone did that, there would be NO ANPR PCNs and these firms would die.

*on foot, when returning to you car, make a point of looking whether the exit ANPR camera is pointing ''in'' or ''out'' and cover the numberplate it will point at.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,516Posts Today

6,151Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Can't believe my luck. Just got this email My name is Manuel Franco. I won $768.4m Lottery Jackpot. I have a don? https://t.co/OSYkS7tu2c

• It should be a poll. You are implying your view is the only view anyone can hold. Clearly the poll results show tha? https://t.co/ur0ejJ1fjB

• Today's Twitter Poll: Is milkshaking legitimate political protest or unacceptable thuggery? In recent weeks a few? https://t.co/hjCpu9zqwZ

• Follow Martin