Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 179
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 22nd Jun 18, 4:48 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    18cc
    The Tesco site says 1.28% not 1.3% has it gone down?
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 22nd Jun 18, 5:46 PM
    • 4,565 Posts
    • 5,853 Thanks
    ColdIron
    Yes it changed today, the 1.30% was only available for 7 days. You gotta be quick with Tesco, they've changed the rate 11 times this year already
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 3rd Jul 18, 10:49 AM
    • 4,565 Posts
    • 5,853 Thanks
    ColdIron
    After only 7 days Tesco have raised the rate on the Internet Saver to 1.30% again. Might be of interest to some but I wouldn't hang about
    • Sweetcake
    • By Sweetcake 3rd Jul 18, 3:15 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    Sweetcake
    People who are deciding to open the Tesco Internet Saver, what will you be using it for? Trying to distinguish a purpose if I do open it
    • sjp999
    • By sjp999 3rd Jul 18, 3:43 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    sjp999
    Getting one fifth of one percent more than the previous offering, ain't that enough?
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 3rd Jul 18, 4:38 PM
    • 1,025 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    People who are deciding to open the Tesco Internet Saver, what will you be using it for? Trying to distinguish a purpose if I do open it
    Originally posted by Sweetcake

I use it to get the interest and to feed into my main bank account as necessary.
    Thank you for reading this message.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 3rd Jul 18, 5:59 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 767 Thanks
    RG2015
    Originally posted by Sweetcake
    Bear in mind that the bonus will drop off after 12 months which will bring it down to 0.55%. Also note that the interest is paid annually with the basic rate (currently 0.55%) paid in March and the bonus paid 12 months after opening.
    • C_Mababejive
    • By C_Mababejive 3rd Jul 18, 10:03 PM
    • 10,575 Posts
    • 9,498 Thanks
    C_Mababejive
    Regarding the post office online saver 1.33% gross for a year, i applied on line,was given an account ID etc. When i logged back in there was no sign of an online saver just a statement saying balance on accounts 0.

Does it take some time to set up?

Thanks
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
    • hoc
    • By hoc 4th Jul 18, 12:10 AM
    • 264 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    hoc
    Regarding the post office online saver 1.33% gross for a year, i applied on line,was given an account ID etc. When i logged back in there was no sign of an online saver just a statement saying balance on accounts 0.

Does it take some time to set up?

Thanks
    Originally posted by C_Mababejive

10 year member with 10k posts and you've opened an account with Post Office? Just wow.
    • Reed_Richards
    • By Reed_Richards 4th Jul 18, 10:15 AM
    • 167 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Reed_Richards
    ... the post office online saver 1.33% ....Does it take some time to set up?
    I had an existing account and applied online for the new one with better interest. Set-up was very fast, almost instantaneous if I remember correctly.
    Reed
    • badger09
    • By badger09 4th Jul 18, 3:06 PM
    • 6,205 Posts
    • 5,566 Thanks
    badger09
    10 year member with 10k posts and you've opened an account with Post Office? Just wow.
    Originally posted by hoc
    Approaching 8 year member with 6k posts and I opened one a few months ago.

I'm well aware of the issues many posters have with withdrawals, and the interest rate is irrelevant to me. However, it serves a purpose
    • C_Mababejive
    • By C_Mababejive 4th Jul 18, 5:18 PM
    • 10,575 Posts
    • 9,498 Thanks
    C_Mababejive
    Why would there be problems with withdrawals? I used to have an online saver with them a few years back and didnt encounter any issues? The only thing i dont like about the PO and Tesco is that they dont seem to use FP or at least not instant,usually 24 hours..
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 4th Jul 18, 5:21 PM
    • 1,025 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    I believe the Post Office use the Bank of Ireland, which presumably isn't in the Faster Payments scheme.
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 4th Jul 18, 6:04 PM
    • 4,565 Posts
    • 5,853 Thanks
    ColdIron
    The only thing i dont like about the PO and Tesco is that they dont seem to use FP or at least not instant,usually 24 hours..
    Tesco is near instant, a few minutes at most, for the current account and the internet saver
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 4th Jul 18, 6:14 PM
    • 1,025 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Tesco is near instant, a few minutes at most, for the current account and the internet saver
    Originally posted by ColdIron

Don't try transferring from Tesco late at night, eg c.23:30. Payment doesn't go through, and gets returned to your account by the next morning!
    • typistretired
    • By typistretired 4th Jul 18, 10:56 PM
    • 1,327 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    typistretired
    Tesco Internet Saver
    For some reason even for existing customers it takes a few days before you can move any money out of the account. You have to wait for them to complete their checks. Tried ringing them tonight to speed it up but gave up after 30 minutes in a queue.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 5th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 4,454 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Originally posted by hoc
    The longer you're on here the more you'll become aware there are many reasons for opening accounts. Stick around a bit longer yourself!
    • badger09
    • By badger09 5th Jul 18, 5:18 PM
    • 6,205 Posts
    • 5,566 Thanks
    badger09
    Why would there be problems with withdrawals? I used to have an online saver with them a few years back and didnt encounter any issues? The only thing i dont like about the PO and Tesco is that they dont seem to use FP or at least not instant,usually 24 hours..
    A forum search will bring up several threads detailing problems many posters have had when trying to withdraw from their PO savers.
    • hoc
    • By hoc 7th Jul 18, 11:50 AM
    • 264 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    hoc
    The longer you're on here the more you'll become aware there are many reasons for opening accounts. Stick around a bit longer yourself!
    Originally posted by Zanderman

Direct debit secret nobody knows about. So clever.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 7th Jul 18, 1:27 PM
    • 9,823 Posts
    • 7,034 Thanks
    masonic
    Direct debit secret nobody knows about. So clever.
    Originally posted by hoc
    It's no secret and well known to anyone with more than a passing interest in this forum. There's a very prominent and long-running thread about it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,835Posts Today

7,085Users online

Martin's Twitter