Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 177
    • curious squirrel
    • By curious squirrel 22nd Feb 18, 6:15 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    curious squirrel
    I applied for a ICICI HiSave account and am growing moss waiting for it to be up and running! Does it do everything it's meant to once it's finally open? As well as the delay, the slightly unclear emails don't fill me with confidence. I'm thinking of abandoning the idea and putting my savings somewhere else.
    • Member42
    • By Member42 27th Feb 18, 1:15 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Member42
    Just read (paper post) that Coventry BS is dropping the AER on their Easy Access Saver from 1.30% to 1.15% from 18/3/2018.
    • yaddayadda
    • By yaddayadda 6th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    yaddayadda
    I don't really understand why the best buy section of this article doesn't include the first direct regular saver with 5% interest - locked in for a year but I've had one of these every year for the last few years and it beats most other options...

Max 300 per month and can carry over "allowance" if not used that month - so max saving of 3600 with 5% interest after 12 months.
    Last edited by yaddayadda; 06-04-2018 at 5:18 PM. Reason: Added some detail
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 6th Apr 18, 5:26 PM
    • 4,028 Posts
    • 4,966 Thanks
    ColdIron
    I don't really understand why the best buy section of this article doesn't include the first direct regular saver with 5% interest
    Originally posted by yaddayadda
    That'll be because it's about easy access savings accounts and the First Direct Regular Saver Account is a regular savings account and not an easy access account. Technically you can access your savings quite easily but since you lose most of the interest it's not much use in that department

It is however the top account in the regular savings account section

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-regular-savings-accounts
    • yaddayadda
    • By yaddayadda 7th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    yaddayadda
    Ah ok thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,757Posts Today

8,292Users online

Martin's Twitter