Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    • 3,442Posts
    • 4,906Thanks
    ceredigion
    Santander Refer a Friend
    • 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    Santander Refer a Friend 17th Feb 19 at 6:51 PM
    The Santander referral code scheme is back.
    https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/terms.php

Just going through the terms and looks like a couple can refer each other five times
Page 42
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 10:52 AM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    Relative and I switched two accounts each - completed last week - four codes for each of us this morning - very efficient!
    Originally posted by xylophone

What date did you claim please? It is useful to know where they are up to. Thank you.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 14th Jun 19, 10:52 AM
    • 3,332 Posts
    • 2,806 Thanks
    Candyapple
    There is someone on hotukdeals (might be on here too?) who has managed an amazing £10k worth.
    Originally posted by crumpetman

I just read the thread on HUKD, she opened 190 accounts!

Good for her!! I am impressed.

What I want to know is how she managed to open so many accounts (even over a 4 month period thatís a lot of hard searches) without being rejected?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 14th Jun 19, 10:54 AM
    • 3,332 Posts
    • 2,806 Thanks
    Candyapple
    Forgot to add 2 codes received today from claims that were submitted on 31/5/19 and 5/6/19.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • Mido999
    • By Mido999 14th Jun 19, 10:57 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mido999
    Received voucher for claim made on 29/05
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 11:02 AM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon

What I want to know is how she managed to open so many accounts (even over a 4 month period thatís a lot of hard searches) without being rejected?
    Originally posted by Candyapple

I have opened "a few" accounts over recent months - most appeared as soft searches, though it will be interesting to see what impact it has on my credit scores on the various reports (yes, I know the scores don't necessarily reflect everything, but it will be interesting to see what affect the applications and account closures have had). If I had acted earlier I am sure we could have got more - damn pacing ourselves .

I am aware that Lloyds/BoS/Halifax have been calling some applicants where multiple accounts have been opened as a security check and querying why multiple accounts are required, and some have had applications rejected/closed after initially being accepted on the system.
    Last edited by Anon; 14-06-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    • girllikeme1
    • By girllikeme1 14th Jun 19, 11:21 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    girllikeme1
    Is there still time to instigate more switches, please? Is it as long as the switch is instigated by 18/6?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 11:24 AM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    Is there still time to instigate more switches, please? Is it as long as the switch is instigated by 18/6?
    Originally posted by girllikeme1

Unfortunately not - the T&Cs said switches had to be completed (and claim submitted) by 18th June.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 14th Jun 19, 11:27 AM
    • 11,034 Posts
    • 10,330 Thanks
    colsten
    What I want to know is how she managed to open so many accounts (even over a 4 month period that’s a lot of hard searches) without being rejected?
    In theory, it is possible if you manage to get multiple accounts with each of the 40-odd banks and building societies which are signed up to CASS. However, we know that some (e.g. Starling) only allow 1 sole account, that others (e.g. Cahoot) don't take any new applications at all, and that yet others won't allow you more than 4 or 5 accounts. Although I also do know some who appear to have no limitation at all - not one that I could detect, anyway.

I would say there was almost certainly a partner / relatives / friends involved in the 190.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 14th Jun 19, 11:28 AM
    • 11,034 Posts
    • 10,330 Thanks
    colsten
    Vouchers received today for claims made June 5.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 14th Jun 19, 11:29 AM
    • 1,319 Posts
    • 837 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    I have opened "a few" accounts over recent months - most appeared as soft searches
    Originally posted by Anon
    Dont know any bank accounts what do a soft search, which banks were these?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 11:30 AM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    In theory, it is possible if you manage to get multiple accounts with each of the 40-odd banks and building societies which are signed up to CASS. However, we know that some (e.g. Starling) only allow 1 sole account, that others (e.g. Cahoot) don't take any new applications at all, and that yet others won't allow you more than 4 or 5 accounts. Although I also do know some who appear to have no limitation at all - not one that I could detect, anyway.

I would say there was almost certainly a partner / relatives / friends involved in the 190.
    Originally posted by colsten

Out of interest, which bank has no limit please? I believe 3 seems to be the limit (at any one time) on many bank platforms?
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 14th Jun 19, 11:36 AM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 1,947 Thanks
    Vortigern
    Originally posted by girllikeme1
    Probably not, although if you have a code you might want to try your luck.

If you start a switch, you'll get the FSWI number quite quickly by email.

You can then claim by 18th June and hope that they don't try to validate your claim until the switch has completed.

Do you feel lucky?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 11:39 AM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    Dont know any bank accounts what do a soft search, which banks were these?
    Originally posted by wizzywig27

According to my MSE Credit Club report just generated - Lloyds/BoS/Halifax are down as unrecorded enquiry (I was an existing customer, opening new accounts - not all openings are shown, which may suggest they don't search with each application ).

TSB/NatWest/RBS/Santander appear as Current Account application and seem to be recorded for each application.

HTH
    Last edited by Anon; 14-06-2019 at 12:16 PM.
    • Jakg
    • By Jakg 14th Jun 19, 12:19 PM
    • 2,198 Posts
    • 1,014 Thanks
    Jakg

I am aware that Lloyds/BoS/Halifax have been calling some applicants where multiple accounts have been opened as a security check and querying why multiple accounts are required, and some have had applications rejected/closed after initially being accepted on the system.
    Out of interest, which bank has no limit please? I believe 3 seems to be the limit (at any one time) on many bank platforms?
    I have 15 on the go and that was hard - 190 is insane. TSB refused to open any more accounts after about 10.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 14th Jun 19, 12:24 PM
    • 31,374 Posts
    • 19,452 Thanks
    xylophone
    What date did you claim please?
    We both claimed 5 June - I checked with relative this morning that his four had come through as had mine.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 14th Jun 19, 12:24 PM
    • 1,319 Posts
    • 837 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    According to my MSE Credit Club report just generated - Lloyds/BoS/Halifax are down as unrecorded enquiry (I was an existing customer, opening new accounts - not all openings are shown, which may suggest they don't search with each application ).

TSB/NatWest/RBS/Santander appear as Current Account application and seem to be recorded for each application.

HTH
    Is that as an existing customer?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 12:29 PM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    Is that as an existing customer?
    Originally posted by wizzywig27

Yes, I was an existing customer with all.

HTH
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 14th Jun 19, 12:40 PM
    • 7,886 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan

HTH

Whether they do or whether they dont all Current Accounts will show up on Equifax/Noodle ( called something else now) etc when we have full access as accounts held/accounts settled ( open/closed )

I have got free full access to what was Tesco Noodle, is now called Credit Monitoring or something like that, I get an alert every time a Current Account is recorded to them as having been opened/closed/settled without exception, it has a tally of how many accounts I have opened during the last 2 years.

All open current accounts are listed with credit balance of 0 as never have a overdraft/always have positive balance.

Sometime later in May some kind of block was put on me opening Lloyds/BOS accounts when credit check started going round and round like it so often does came up error on screen, same thing happened weeks apart.

Worth bearing in mind I have done minimum 40 switches to Santander, not the most, merely more than most I still been able to open/reopen via other Current Account providers
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 14-06-2019 at 1:09 PM.
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 14th Jun 19, 1:14 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 1,423 Thanks
    Ed-1
    Sometime later in May some kind of block was put on me opening Lloyds/BOS accounts when credit check started going round and round like it so often does came up error on screen, same thing happened weeks apart.
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    How many Lloyds accounts had you already got when you tried to apply for another? You can only have up to 10 current accounts open with each of the LBG brands at one time.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 14th Jun 19, 1:20 PM
    • 7,886 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    How many Lloyds accounts had you already got when you tried to apply for another? You can only have up to 10 current accounts open with each of the LBG brands at one time.
    Originally posted by Ed-1

At the time I had above mentioned problem, only 1 of each Halifax/BOS/Lloyds, Bulk of accounts opened to switch to Santander were via them,did only open 1 at a time, never had more than two Lloyds/BOS open at any one time with 1 of each generally switching out.

When my only remaining Lloyds C/A switched out I did try and open another - same problem, will only lose sleep over it if Lloyds Bank offer a switch incentive ( which they never do)

Re LBG, I just hold 1 Halifax C/A now
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 14-06-2019 at 1:23 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,516Posts Today

7,083Users online

Martin's Twitter