Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    • 3,440Posts
    • 4,904Thanks
    ceredigion
    Santander Refer a Friend
    • 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    Santander Refer a Friend 17th Feb 19 at 6:51 PM
    The Santander referral code scheme is back.
    https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/terms.php

Just going through the terms and looks like a couple can refer each other five times
Page 41
    • schiff
    • By schiff 13th Jun 19, 2:10 PM
    • 18,687 Posts
    • 10,086 Thanks
    schiff
    Opportune time to ask - are the vouchers in paper form through the post or e-mailed to print off? TIA
    • Smeagal
    • By Smeagal 13th Jun 19, 2:19 PM
    • 705 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    Smeagal
    Opportune time to ask - are the vouchers in paper form through the post or e-mailed to print off? TIA
    Originally posted by schiff
    They are sent in an email with a random code to add to your amazon account like below:

Amazon Claim Code: XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX
    Gift Card Amount: 50.00
    Expiry Date: 12/06/2029
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jun 19, 3:03 PM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    How strange - referrer and I have received one code each from a claim on 29th May - I submitted 5, one after the other, only one voucher received so far and this was the second .

Anon
    • harz99
    • By harz99 13th Jun 19, 3:36 PM
    • 2,935 Posts
    • 2,894 Thanks
    harz99
    Vouchers coming through for switches completed 28 May, claimed 29 May
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Likewise, all ours are there.
    • Ashen
    • By Ashen 13th Jun 19, 9:05 PM
    • 529 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Ashen
    Isn't it marvellous! Two letters from Tesco this morning dated June 7th, telling me that if they don't hear from me they will start switching my accounts, etc, etc.

My switches complete tomorrow.
    I imagine Tesco's switching department in particular has been busier than usual - though what I found odd about my switches from Tesco is they texted me saying that as part of the closure process, they would send out 5 years of transaction history, but needed to confirm my address first.

In other words, they were happy to send out normal statements, plus switch my entire account balance to another bank account at my address, yet told me they needed address confirmation to send out transaction history. Oddly enough, my father did a switch from Tesco the week before and received his transaction history through the post without having to confirm anything.
    • schiff
    • By schiff 13th Jun 19, 10:37 PM
    • 18,687 Posts
    • 10,086 Thanks
    schiff
    People have talked about the costs of this crazy promotion being met by Santander. But it's not actually cheap on the part of the banks at the other end of his stampede!
    • harz99
    • By harz99 14th Jun 19, 7:24 AM
    • 2,935 Posts
    • 2,894 Thanks
    harz99
    People have talked about the costs of this crazy promotion being met by Santander. But it's not actually cheap on the part of the banks at the other end of his stampede!
    Nor Amazon, as i seriously doubt Santander are giving them the full 50 for each voucher sent to us switchers. There's some pretty big ticket household stuff that can be got with the full 1k value if a couple pool there's into one Amazon account.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 14th Jun 19, 8:26 AM
    • 7,877 Posts
    • 9,888 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    More vouchers going out today I have learnt
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 14th Jun 19, 9:14 AM
    • 2,360 Posts
    • 10,475 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    I imagine Tesco's switching department in particular has been busier than usual - though what I found odd about my switches from Tesco is they texted me saying that as part of the closure process, they would send out 5 years of transaction history, but needed to confirm my address first.

In other words, they were happy to send out normal statements, plus switch my entire account balance to another bank account at my address, yet told me they needed address confirmation to send out transaction history. Oddly enough, my father did a switch from Tesco the week before and received his transaction history through the post without having to confirm anything.
    Originally posted by Ashen

I had to confirm address and confirm that I wanted it all sent out. Still haven't received this as yet though. Will wait another week then follow them up, there post seems to be very slow.
    Last edited by SuiDreams; 14-06-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    • girllikeme1
    • By girllikeme1 14th Jun 19, 9:33 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    girllikeme1
    Tesco would have been better off keeping the higher interest rate in situ, I feel...

Some vouchers received today, having referred someone on here.
    • schiff
    • By schiff 14th Jun 19, 10:04 AM
    • 18,687 Posts
    • 10,086 Thanks
    schiff
    I had to confirm address and confirm that I wanted it all sent out. Still haven't received this as yet though. Will wait another wee then follow them up, there post seems to be very slow.
    Originally posted by SuiDreams
    I hope you're wearing your incontinence pants
    • schiff
    • By schiff 14th Jun 19, 10:07 AM
    • 18,687 Posts
    • 10,086 Thanks
    schiff
    By 10.30 this morning on the day that my switches completed I had two e-mails from Santander with my Amazon codes. I hadn't got round to asking for them yet.

Either they have become super efficient or I'm special

PS: I feel a little embarrassed. They are vouchers via 'a friend' not my accounts.
    Last edited by schiff; 14-06-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 14th Jun 19, 10:16 AM
    • 2,468 Posts
    • 1,226 Thanks
    soulsaver
    By 10.30 this morning on the day that my switches completed I had two e-mails from Santander with my Amazon codes. I hadn't got round to asking for them yet.

Either they have become super efficient or I'm special

PS: I feel a little embarrassed. They are vouchers via 'a friend' not my accounts.
    Only a little? There is a delete option in the edit function..
    • schiff
    • By schiff 14th Jun 19, 10:23 AM
    • 18,687 Posts
    • 10,086 Thanks
    schiff
    Only a little? There is a delete option in the edit function..
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    Yes, I know. I use it a lot but this time I decided not to.

The two Amazon codes are the same, to add to things.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 10:25 AM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    Vouchers received this morning for claims made up to 31th May .

Anon
    • bazwaldo
    • By bazwaldo 14th Jun 19, 10:28 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    bazwaldo
    Amazon codes received today, no idea from which claim date, gave up trying to keep track and just accept what i get (or don't)
    • Princess_x
    • By Princess_x 14th Jun 19, 10:32 AM
    • 2,343 Posts
    • 11,541 Thanks
    Princess_x
    Received 2 from claims made on 29th May yesterday. Have 2 outstanding from the same date which I’m hoping I’ll receive today. Otherwise we’re upto date for claims made upto 4th June.

• crumpetman
    • By crumpetman 14th Jun 19, 10:35 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    crumpetman
    Received a bunch of Amazon vouchers today for claims made on June 3rd and 4th. I am due only two more providing that the person I referred completed the switch and claim form.

Are we going to have a tally up and put together a leaderboard of number of Amazon vouchers collected?

There is someone on hotukdeals (might be on here too?) who has managed an amazing 10k worth.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 14th Jun 19, 10:46 AM
    • 31,328 Posts
    • 19,419 Thanks
    xylophone
    Relative and I switched two accounts each - completed last week - four codes for each of us this morning - very efficient!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 10:48 AM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    Received a bunch of Amazon vouchers today for claims made on June 3rd and 4th. I am due only two more providing that the person I referred completed the switch and claim form.

Are we going to have a tally up and put together a leaderboard of number of Amazon vouchers collected?

There is someone on hotukdeals (might be on here too?) who has managed an amazing 10k worth.
    Originally posted by crumpetman

Yes, she posts on here too .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,095Posts Today

7,689Users online

Martin's Twitter