Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    • 3,268Posts
    • 4,564Thanks
    ceredigion
    Santander Refer a Friend
    • 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    Santander Refer a Friend 17th Feb 19 at 6:51 PM
    The Santander referral code scheme is back.
    https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/terms.php

Just going through the terms and looks like a couple can refer each other five times
Page 16
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 13th Apr 19, 5:24 PM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Sorry if this has been answered up thread...

Can you, as a joint 123 lite account holder, recommend the other joint account holder and have them switch a non Santander account into said joint account. Or is this deemed to be recommending yourself??
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 14th Apr 19, 1:19 AM
    • 2,280 Posts
    • 1,087 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Sorry if this has been answered up thread...

Can you, as a joint 123 lite account holder, recommend the other joint account holder and have them switch a non Santander account into said joint account. Or is this deemed to be recommending yourself??
    Originally posted by Sea Shell
    Probably - but what I do know for sure is OH could open a new Santander ac & switch initiated on line in the process.. and on completion claim on your referral code and vice versa.
    See posts #131 -134 ota
    Last edited by soulsaver; 14-04-2019 at 1:30 AM. Reason: eta see posts..
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 14th Apr 19, 10:23 AM
    • 285 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    youngretired
    Yes you can switch a sole account into a joint account and receive the gift cards. I recommended my husband who switched his sole BOS into our joint 123 Lite and we both received the gift cards.

If you are going to switch a joint into a joint then you would have to have someone else refer you as that would be classed as referring yourself.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 14th Apr 19, 10:52 AM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Thanks everyone. Can you switch in to an existing account on-line? As I can't see a button for it?
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 14th Apr 19, 10:53 AM
    • 501 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    swindiff
    No. Can only switch online if opening a new account.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 14th Apr 19, 10:56 AM
    • 2,280 Posts
    • 1,087 Thanks
    soulsaver
    No. Can only switch online if opening a new account.
    Originally posted by swindiff
    And for on line switch you need the debit card for the scrificial account .
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 16th Apr 19, 10:23 AM
    • 4,210 Posts
    • 2,885 Thanks
    pfpf
    switching over the phone was really great for me.

2 accounts switched in 8.5 mins and email confirmation was instant.

so anyone a bit put off, don't be. security check was straightforward too.
    pfpf, the avatar previously seen as "the Monkey".
    • mummyof5
    • By mummyof5 16th Apr 19, 10:27 AM
    • 396 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    mummyof5
    switching over the phone was really great for me.

2 accounts switched in 8.5 mins and email confirmation was instant.

so anyone a bit put off, don't be. security check was straightforward too.
    Originally posted by pfpf
    I've just had exactly the same experience of switching one account over the phone.
    No problems at all.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Apr 19, 10:39 AM
    • 13,697 Posts
    • 152,286 Thanks
    Anon
    All claims submitted prior to 3rd April received.

One claim outstanding that was submitted on 4th.

Has anyone received referrer AND referee codes for claims submitted beyond 3rd April?
    Originally posted by karlie88
    Has everyone else received all their referrer codes for the Friday batch (referee emails came out at 12.49 and 1.46 on Friday)? We don't seem to have received the referrer codes for three that came through with the messed up gender (so Anon in the subject but Mrs Anon in the main body of the email). I am just wondering if the gender corruption was a sign of a wider problem (possibly yes given the missing vouchers).

Thanks
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 16th Apr 19, 12:59 PM
    • 2,280 Posts
    • 1,087 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Yep I got all mine in the Friday tranche, after I have at last had conf from one of my referrers.

For me these randomly go to junk mail, at least in outlook. It doesn't make it as far as my email client's junk mail - I have to log in to outlook.com to check.
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 16th Apr 19, 7:54 PM
    • 4,210 Posts
    • 2,885 Thanks
    pfpf
    my first switch is due to happen tomorrow. once the other accounts balance is showing in my Santander account is it safe to fill in the RaF details, or should I wait another working day?

I remember switching a year or two back and the old account was still accessible a couple of days after the switch.

thank you.
    pfpf, the avatar previously seen as "the Monkey".
    • colsten
    • By colsten 16th Apr 19, 8:24 PM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 9,337 Thanks
    colsten
    I claimed all mine on the day the switch completed. All but one got paid promptly. The missing one I had to chase up. It's unclear why it was missing but it got then paid without delay.
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 16th Apr 19, 8:26 PM
    • 501 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    swindiff
    How long did you wait before chasing. I have some still outstanding from end of March.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Apr 19, 8:37 PM
    • 13,697 Posts
    • 152,286 Thanks
    Anon
    How long did you wait before chasing. I have some still outstanding from end of March.
    22/3 claims only came through on Friday, so there may still be a backlog as they don't seem to process in a logical order (some since 30/3 seem to have been processed - I have received referree but not referrer codes etc). If there are reports of vouchers coming through this week, and you still haven't received them, then a call can't hurt to get an update.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 16th Apr 19, 8:43 PM
    • 30,581 Posts
    • 18,585 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    my first switch is due to happen tomorrow. once the other accounts balance is showing in my Santander account is it safe to fill in the RaF details, or should I wait another working day?

I remember switching a year or two back and the old account was still accessible a couple of days after the switch.

thank you.
    Originally posted by pfpf
    With all ours I've left making the claim until the day after switch completion.

When two switches completed on the same day, I delayed making the second claim a further day so i only made one claim per day.

Might be overkill, but I'm cautious by nature.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 16th Apr 19, 9:41 PM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 9,337 Thanks
    colsten
    I left it over a month as the FAQ says vouchers can take 30 days to arrive.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 18th Apr 19, 9:25 PM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 9,337 Thanks
    colsten
    As there have been no further reports of any voucher awards, I take it that nobody got any this week. I certainly didn't receive any. They still owe me 3
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 18th Apr 19, 11:49 PM
    • 2,280 Posts
    • 1,087 Thanks
    soulsaver
    As there have been no further reports of any voucher awards, I take it that nobody got any this week. I certainly didn't receive any. They still owe me 3
    Originally posted by colsten
    I can confirm we didn't get any of the 4 vouchers (2 switches) we have o/s, both dated early April.
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 19th Apr 19, 5:32 AM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    18cc
    I switched on the 2 April, claimed on 4 April and both vouchers arrived last Monday (15th)
    • vixen1500
    • By vixen1500 22nd Apr 19, 9:00 PM
    • 543 Posts
    • 1,056 Thanks
    vixen1500
    I can answer my own question, having switched 5 accounts in one go in one telephone call and can confirm that my referrer and I both received 5 lots of 50 amazon gift cards. Hope this helps others
    Originally posted by keiran
    Just wondering is the only way to switch to another already opened account is by phone call only. Or can you did it online, possibly through direct messaging.

OH hates ringing banks, so if not will end up with applying for 3 new santander accounts
    Typically confused and asking for advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,398Posts Today

7,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin