Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sgmetro
    • By Sgmetro 16th Feb 19, 6:07 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sgmetro
    NatWest mortgage advice please!!!!
    • 16th Feb 19, 6:07 PM
    NatWest mortgage advice please!!!! 16th Feb 19 at 6:07 PM
    Hi! Just looking for some advice:..
    AIP recieved 09/02/19
    Our broker put our full application in 15/02/19 (last night)
    Sheís got back to us this afternoon saying application has been accepted and documentation is getting reviewed, valuation has also been instructed. (Seems very quick!!)
    Has anyone any ideas how long before we hear??
    Does this look reliable that we will get the mortgage offer??
Page 2
    • Sgmetro
    • By Sgmetro 19th Feb 19, 11:42 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sgmetro
    I’ve had a email saying valuation is booked in for next week... have you heard about valuation yet heam2005?!
    I’m hoping this means my application and documents have passed underwriters
    • Heam2005
    • By Heam2005 19th Feb 19, 12:41 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Heam2005
    Not heard anything yet 😢😢
    Will chase broker this afternoon just thought we would hear about valuation etc before now.
    Great news you have yours booked, another hurdle.
    • Sgmetro
    • By Sgmetro 19th Feb 19, 2:31 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sgmetro
    I would ask your broker... I thought ours would have been sooner than next week I think I had my hopes too high haha!
    Our broker has also mentioned that even at this point though it hasnít passed the underwriters and is still getting assessed
    • Sgmetro
    • By Sgmetro 23rd Feb 19, 6:34 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sgmetro
    Anyone got any advice ... I’ve logged into mortgage tracker it’s all ticked off except the valuation (which is taking place Tuesday) however my mortgage advisor has emailed us saying they’ve asked a few questions regarding bank statements (she said this is pretty normal) and she is hoping to hear back on Monday.... would they of ticked it off as completed on the tracker if there was a issue ??
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 23rd Feb 19, 7:52 AM
    • 35,045 Posts
    • 19,081 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Verix,

ACG is a mortgage broker so he would have dealt with mortgage tracker allot of times. May be its not for everyone but I am going by my experience and I had no problems with the NatWest tracker. Its not misinformation, its my opinion which I can say on public forum.
    Originally posted by starM
    Here's another broker who finds the NatWest tracker inaccurate and often not sufficiently detailed.

On our latest case we had valuation instructed, valuation back and then valuation instructed again.

NatWest is in my top three lenders for service and that is despite the tracker.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 23rd Feb 19, 8:55 AM
    • 18,843 Posts
    • 10,430 Thanks
    ACG
    Anyone got any advice ... Iíve logged into mortgage tracker itís all ticked off except the valuation (which is taking place Tuesday) however my mortgage advisor has emailed us saying theyíve asked a few questions regarding bank statements (she said this is pretty normal) and she is hoping to hear back on Monday.... would they of ticked it off as completed on the tracker if there was a issue ??
    Originally posted by Sgmetro
    The natwest Mortgage Tracker causing confusion and questions? Who would have thought!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • rijack
    • By rijack 23rd Feb 19, 3:02 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    rijack
    Thanks for reply rijack!
    Thatís good too know... I got my hopes up when the broker mentioned the applicators has been accepted on day 1... thinking we were passed the underwriters stage etc!!
    I think our broker supplied all the info (payslips/proof of deposit etc) in with our application. So hopefully if they need anything more we will hear soon.
    Did your broker let you know when the valuation was taking place and how long after the application was submitted did that happen?
    Originally posted by Sgmetro
    Yeah our broker mentioned they were trying to book the valuation in and they needed some additional contact details for the developer. Ours is new build so most likely a desktop valuation.

Once the valuation had taken place we also received confirmation from our broker when the valuation report had been received.

How is progress going for you now?
    • Sgmetro
    • By Sgmetro 25th Feb 19, 9:47 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sgmetro
    Our valuation is tomorrow but the lender (NatWest) has queried some things on bank statements so answered their queries and waiting to hear back... hope it a not a bad sign!!
    Was just a case of what is the standing order of £20 a week (to my dad for my daughters savings account) so hoping that doesnít effect nothing. Also asking what the overdraft limit on account is... which is thought they already had but mustnít of.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 25th Feb 19, 10:41 AM
    • 18,843 Posts
    • 10,430 Thanks
    ACG
    I would expect Natwest to take a common sense approach on the savings. If you were struggling to pay the mortgage, you would presumably see it as a bigger priority to stop paying in to your daughters account in order to keep a roof over her head.

As for the overdraft, I assume it is just to check you have not been going over the limit, assuming thats the case then all should be fine.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Fortune Favour
    • By Fortune Favour 25th Feb 19, 12:45 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fortune Favour
    Our valuation was done Wednesday 20th, NatWest queried something Friday 22nd, we received a paper copy Saturday morning and they've misdated the house build (by about 50years) and noted a 2 story extension that doesn't exist. Who do need to call to sort this out? Broker or NatWest?
    • 2scompany3sfamily
    • By 2scompany3sfamily 17th May 19, 7:34 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    2scompany3sfamily
    Resurrecting this thread somewhat as I am in this position now. Valuation booked for next week, AIP passed (obviously) but nothing as yet from underwriters. All necessary docs are with my broker but combing through Equifax again I have found a 15month PDL (Wonga) on my husband's side that was taken out for 48hours. Not sure what for but not worried about my husband - jut worried about Natwest saying no once they see it.

But if we passed the credit check...

Oh this is the worst stress - worse than my pregnancy and my wedding. I was certain both of those would turn out fine, but with this there is no knowing is there.
    • Judzzy
    • By Judzzy 17th May 19, 9:28 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Judzzy
    Hi,
    I would also be interested to hear recent experiences as the waiting is killing me!

I had my mortgage approved subject to valuation just 2 days after submitting full application (through broker) and all documents.
    Valuation took place on 08/05/2019 and still waiting... On 15/05/2019 Natwest asked for the payslips to be resent as they were not so clear on their file. How much longer until an offer should arrive???
    I just can't sit still!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,684Posts Today

6,916Users online

Martin's Twitter