Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Soffee_ox
    • By Soffee_ox 12th Feb 19, 8:28 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 29Thanks
    Soffee_ox
    No viewings on house 4 weeks...
    • 12th Feb 19, 8:28 PM
    No viewings on house 4 weeks... 12th Feb 19 at 8:28 PM
    Our house has been up for sale now for 4 weeks with no viewings ....any help ?? Should we lower price
Page 7
    • societys child
    • By societys child 23rd Mar 19, 1:25 PM
    • 6,100 Posts
    • 7,055 Thanks
    societys child
    78k is a pretty good offer considering all that is going on just now, remember the next house will also be getting cheaper?
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    Still living in hope, Crashy?

• Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 23rd Mar 19, 6:00 PM
    • 27,880 Posts
    • 99,037 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Originally posted by societys child
    Sounds like the cue for a song.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZIQKn2Adfk
    'I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn.' Neil Innes, introducing 'Protest Song.'
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 24th Mar 19, 2:52 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Originally posted by societys child
    Of what, that my original prediction of this house selling at 70k will be correct?
    • Soffee_ox
    • By Soffee_ox 25th Mar 19, 8:08 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Soffee_ox
    We would never sell at that price! Making our selves short 85 lowest.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 26th Mar 19, 11:03 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Any more offers above 78k?
    • Soffee_ox
    • By Soffee_ox 27th Mar 19, 5:24 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Soffee_ox
    Nope but 2 people considering & somebody possibly coming for a second viewing with her father.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 29th Mar 19, 6:50 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    We would never sell at that price! Making our selves short 85 lowest.
    Originally posted by Soffee_ox
    With Hard Brexit looming I think that may be optimistic, can`t believe you didn`t take 78.
    • Soffee_ox
    • By Soffee_ox 30th Mar 19, 7:58 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Soffee_ox
    We buy any house offers 78 so surely we can get more??
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 30th Mar 19, 8:14 AM
    • 23,769 Posts
    • 12,228 Thanks
    lisyloo
    Ignore crashy. He’s well known as a bitter man in his 50s living in a crumby bedsit having made bad predictions and now gives poor advice based solely on his own bitterness. I pay more heed to people who’ve done well.

Parliament, the EU and the PM don’t want a hard brexit and even the bookies give it 28/1, although undoubteldy the continuing uncertainty is affecting sentiment.

Houses are not liquid and sometimes it takes a while to find the right buyer.
    Webuyanyhouse are well known to drop the price closer to exchange knowing people are desperate, so many people would advise you against them.
    • letitbe90
    • By letitbe90 30th Mar 19, 8:22 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    letitbe90
    Ignore crashy. Hes well known as a bitter man in his 50s living in a crumby bedsit having made bad predictions and now gives poor advice based solely on his own bitterness. I pay more heed to people whove done well.

Parliament, the EU and the PM dont want a hard brexit and even the bookies give it 28/1, although undoubteldy the continuing uncertainty is affecting sentiment.

Houses are not liquid and sometimes it takes a while to find the right buyer.
    Webuyanyhouse are well known to drop the price closer to exchange knowing people are desperate, so many people would advise you against them.
    Originally posted by lisyloo
    Id give it even less chance than 1000/1 of a hard Brexit. Reason? It can only happen if EU veto an extension but it isnt in their interest to do so, theyd have free reign to give a long extension, which benefits the EU project image.

What if May tried to do no deal on her own? JC will call a VONC which will 100% pass as their are enough conservatives who are more than happy to see the government fall than a no deal Brexit.

So guys, dont worry about a no deal happening. Ironically, even as a remain voter, Id rather a no deal than Theresa Mays deal, but alas, deadlock.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 1st Apr 19, 1:18 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    https://interactive.news.sky.com/2017/brexit-countdown/
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 2nd Apr 19, 1:34 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    That is their starting price, just to reel you in IMO.
    • Soffee_ox
    • By Soffee_ox 9th Apr 19, 7:29 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Soffee_ox
    We’ve finally had another offer which we have accepted thanks everyone for all your advice so glad we changed estate agent and pictures etc ����
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 9th Apr 19, 8:03 PM
    • 27,880 Posts
    • 99,037 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Weve finally had another offer which we have accepted thanks everyone for all your advice so glad we changed estate agent and pictures etc ����
    Good! Well done.

Crashy will be along shortly to ask exactly how much, but you can always make the answer as accurate as his prediction of a hard Brexit.
    'I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn.' Neil Innes, introducing 'Protest Song.'
    • quantumlobster
    • By quantumlobster 10th Apr 19, 6:24 AM
    • 431 Posts
    • 937 Thanks
    quantumlobster
    Weve finally had another offer which we have accepted thanks everyone for all your advice so glad we changed estate agent and pictures etc ����
    Good for you!
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 10th Apr 19, 9:09 AM
    • 5,042 Posts
    • 5,805 Thanks
    robatwork
    Great! When you exchange please let us know the final price
    • Soffee_ox
    • By Soffee_ox 16th Apr 19, 8:14 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Soffee_ox
    Yes I will roughly how long does the whole process take ? The buyer has sent in his id and documents to the solicitor . How long will it be until contracts are exchanged ? Thanks
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 16th Apr 19, 4:39 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Can I ask how much you hope to sell for?
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 24th Apr 19, 1:46 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Yes I will roughly how long does the whole process take ? The buyer has sent in his id and documents to the solicitor . How long will it be until contracts are exchanged ? Thanks
    How is the sale progressing?
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 24th Apr 19, 2:26 PM
    • 11,609 Posts
    • 15,497 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Roughly 12 weeks from when it all started (your offer accepted and chain complete) to completion.

(Usually around 7-14 days from exchange to completion, but could be a month or even on the same day, although I'd not recommend that.)
    2019 wins: Bottle of Prosecco; Popcorn Shed popcorn...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

482Posts Today

5,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin