Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    So how did everyone's transfer to symbio go

Mine went through OK. Eventually allowed into portal around noon yesterday (switchover date)

I registered my email and password, entered initial read and that's it all done.

I typed in the reading rather then mess around with the photo option. The portal is a bit quirky and doesn't really work well on my smartphone but it's sufficient. Let's face it I've been using the rolls Royce of portals and apps with my previous supplier Powershop so it was always going to be a backward step with the customer interface

My supplier is now listed as Symbio energy llp on western powers website. Feedback would be appreciated from recent switchers.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,133
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    Couldn't upload my reading with the photo even after converting it to a JPEG.

Emailed it to them instead.

Forgot all about logging into the Customer Portal until I saw your post, so registered and resubmitted the reading and photo no problem.

Transfer over was 22nd, so far - no problems.

Waiting for 1st DD to be taken in a few weeks. DD mandate appeared in my list of DDs on my bank account a few days ago but isn't due just yet.

Will keep this thread updated due to very little feedback for them being available.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,077
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Still awaiting an update on whether the powers that be will allow me to switch tariffs.
  • Tafrock
    Forumite
    I guess you just emailed them did you. They never told me I couldn't either but I suspected it was because I was literally hours away from switch completion.

I got an email next morning saying my switch had completed.

Maybe in your case a phone call would be better
  • Tafrock
    Forumite
    When does your switch complete mable
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tafrock wrote: »
    My supplier is now listed as Symbio energy llp on western powers website.....

Can you expand on this statement please?
  • Tafrock
    Forumite
    To find out your electricity supplier you go onto your local distribution company's website (in my case western power) and click Check my supplier. I use this to see my transfer has gone through
  • Tafrock
    Forumite
    Here's the link for Western power. You can often see your transfer has gone through before you are notified by your supplier using this method. All distribution companies have a similar link to enable you to find out your supplier https://supplier.westernpower.co.uk
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tafrock wrote: »
    To find out your electricity supplier you go onto your local distribution company's website (in my case western power) and click Check my supplier. I use this to see my transfer has gone through

@Tafrock Thanks for posting about that - I was unaware of that capability. I've just been to the website, put my details in and got confirmation my supplier is Yorkshire Energy.

I wonder how many people are aware of this useful feature?
  • Tafrock
    Forumite
    It's there so that if you move into a new property you can find out who your supplier is. Sometimes previous occupants don't pass on that information. I find it very useful when I'm switching
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback