Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ouryear2019
    • By ouryear2019 28th Jan 19, 11:48 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ouryear2019
    Precise Mortgages
    • 28th Jan 19, 11:48 AM
    Precise Mortgages 28th Jan 19 at 11:48 AM
    Hi - We have applied for a mortgage with Precise and have yet to hear anything other than a letter to say they are happy with our DD details. It has only been a week but does anyone know what the general time scales are ?
Page 3
    • Kaggs!
    • By Kaggs! 15th Apr 19, 5:05 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Kaggs!
    Ohh does that get refunded?? I didn’t think it did?
    • username1062
    • By username1062 15th Apr 19, 10:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    username1062
    Just wanted to post as I know what it was like when we were waiting for an offer from Precise.

We purchased a new build and have been in since the middle of March. Held a previous property with a mortgage and secured loan for 13 years (no missed payments on any of them). However, some adverse credit (defaults - no CCJs) due to going to uni to retrain in a different career.

Application went into precise 24th January - they came back with a couple of queries (mainly around direct debits and bank statement queries).
    Valuation was undertaken on the 4th Feb (our broker requested that valuation was not undertaken unless they were positive they could lend)
    Offer made on 10th Feb.
    Moved in mid March!

Just sit back and trust your broker. I know it seems like a lifetime waiting, however you’ll get there. As we purchased a new build Precise’s turnaround for answering queries or responding to questions they had asked broker was only 1 day.
    • username1062
    • By username1062 15th Apr 19, 11:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    username1062
    Offer was issued on 8th Feb not 10th!
    • Kaggs!
    • By Kaggs! 15th Apr 19, 11:01 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Kaggs!
    Brilliant! Thank you for advice I’m praying that’s the case with us :-)
    • iaink
    • By iaink 15th Apr 19, 11:30 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    iaink
    Iaink,
    Have you heard anything back today?
    I chased broker today but they haven’t got any news back from Precise yet.

Advised I should get results of the valuation and/or further queries tomorrow perhaps so I’m hopeful they’ll be satisfied.

At least a busy day keeping me from thinking about it.
    • Kaggs!
    • By Kaggs! 16th Apr 19, 8:55 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Kaggs!
    Fingers crossed for you!
    • iaink
    • By iaink 16th Apr 19, 12:53 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    iaink
    Broker came back to us today to advise that Precise are expecting to have reviewed all of our submitted documents and their valuation by tomorrow.

Assuming all is okay, they should then move to performing final checks before offering!

I'm not holding my breath, but sounds like movement at least. At the same time it could just be another round of questions comes tomorrow.
    • Kaggs!
    • By Kaggs! 16th Apr 19, 12:54 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Kaggs!
    Ohh that sounds promising
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

978Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin