Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Reiki Sue
    • By Reiki Sue 13th Jan 19, 9:05 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Reiki Sue
    How can i transfer my banks current account debt onto a credit card to then set up a 0% bal. transfe
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:05 PM
    How can i transfer my banks current account debt onto a credit card to then set up a 0% bal. transfe 13th Jan 19 at 9:05 PM
    Hi All

I need to set up a 0% balance transfer from two credit cards and a current account bank account. However, Santander who I want to do my 0% balance transfer with, say they can probably only take on the two credit card debts but not the bank current account debt (which is the biggest debt!). I'm talking a few thousand here.

So my question is how can I transfer my Natwest current account bank balance onto any appropriate credit card to then move it to a Santander 0% balance transfer.

Or is a question of doing it the other way round and doing a money transfer into my current account?

Hope its possible and easy!

Cheers
    Sue
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Jan 19, 9:06 PM
    • 21,132 Posts
    • 22,801 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:06 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:06 PM
    You'd do it via a 0% money transfer option.

Then there is no need to transfer it again to a BT.
    • stokie21
    • By stokie21 14th Jan 19, 10:47 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stokie21
    • 14th Jan 19, 10:47 AM
    • 14th Jan 19, 10:47 AM
    As above, a money transfer card. Transfer it all to your current account this will pay off that, use the rest to pay the cards
    As RAS would say, If It's Not Broke Dont Fix It !!

• lfrancis126
    • By lfrancis126 15th Jan 19, 9:34 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lfrancis126
    • 15th Jan 19, 9:34 AM
    • 15th Jan 19, 9:34 AM
    Hi - I want to find out more info on Money Transfers for my boyfriend..... Can you help??
    My partner has a 1,800 overdraft with Lloyd's which he can't seem to get out of and I watched Martin's show last night and he said about Money Transfers.....! Can you explain and tell me what would be best to do.....? My boyfriend hasn't had the best credit history so unsure if he be accepted but he is being charged daily by Lloyd's for being in his overdraft and I just want to get him out of it!!
    Thanks in advance - hope this makes sense xx
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th Jan 19, 9:38 AM
    • 21,132 Posts
    • 22,801 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th Jan 19, 9:38 AM
    • 15th Jan 19, 9:38 AM
    A money transfer card allows you to put money into your current account, that you then use to pay whatever you want.

Try an eligibility checker.

If, as seems likely, his credit history is too poor to get a money transfer or any other useful card, he'll need to cut costs and pay it hard the old fashioned way.

Visit the DFW boards for help and inspiration.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 15th Jan 19, 10:40 AM
    • 9,730 Posts
    • 11,576 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 15th Jan 19, 10:40 AM
    • 15th Jan 19, 10:40 AM
    I watched Martin's show last night and he said about Money Transfers.....! Can you explain and tell me what would be best to do.....?
    Originally posted by lfrancis126
    More info on money transfer cards at https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/money-transfers/ but even if eligible they simply make a debt cheaper rather than reducing it as such, so would only be part of an answer....

I want to find out more info on Money Transfers for my boyfriend..... Can you help??
    Originally posted by lfrancis126
    While you're not seeking relationship advice, the one with the debt is the one who should be investigating what to do about it!
    • fewcloudy
    • By fewcloudy 15th Jan 19, 12:34 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    fewcloudy
    • 15th Jan 19, 12:34 PM
    • 15th Jan 19, 12:34 PM
    While you're not seeking relationship advice, the one with the debt is the one who should be investigating what to do about it!
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    Wise words indeed...
    Feb 2008, 20year lifetime tracker with Sproggit and Sylvester, 0.14% + base for 2 years, then 0.99% + base till it ends...
    • Reiki Sue
    • By Reiki Sue 15th Jan 19, 11:46 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Reiki Sue
    • 15th Jan 19, 11:46 PM
    • 15th Jan 19, 11:46 PM
    Thanks everyone for your advice! x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,061Posts Today

3,849Users online

Martin's Twitter