Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 13th Jan 19, 8:36 PM
    • 1,974Posts
    • 3,577Thanks
    swingaloo
    Anyone on here sell on Etsy
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:36 PM
    Anyone on here sell on Etsy 13th Jan 19 at 8:36 PM
    Ive got quite cheesed off with Ebay and was looking at Etsy earlier.

According to the 'What can I sell' it states that everything has to be either Handmade, Craft Goods or Vintage which must be at least 20 years old.

However looking through the listings there seems to be a lot of the same tat that you find on Ebay and its neither vintage nor handmade.

Im sure Black Wetlook PVC bodysuits are a relatively new thing, I don't remember my grandma having one! (But who knows, lol).

So whats the score, they have these rules and yet there seems to be just anything listed. Is it any better than Ebay?
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Jan 19, 8:52 PM
    • 61,709 Posts
    • 44,223 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:52 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:52 PM
    Ive got quite cheesed off with Ebay and was looking at Etsy earlier.

According to the 'What can I sell' it states that everything has to be either Handmade, Craft Goods or Vintage which must be at least 20 years old.

However looking through the listings there seems to be a lot of the same tat that you find on Ebay and its neither vintage nor handmade.

Im sure Black Wetlook PVC bodysuits are a relatively new thing, I don't remember my grandma having one! (But who knows, lol).

So whats the score, they have these rules and yet there seems to be just anything listed. Is it any better than Ebay?
    Originally posted by swingaloo

I had a shop for a while but struggled to sell anything and in the end the fees weren't really worth it. For cheaper items I found it dearer than eBay.

As you say the place is full of the usual Far East tat being sold everywhere, except that they use the term vintage to get past the rules. Lots of brand new vintage quartz batery watches etc.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 13th Jan 19, 8:57 PM
    • 1,974 Posts
    • 3,577 Thanks
    swingaloo
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:57 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:57 PM
    Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I will give it a miss, better the devil you know.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Jan 19, 9:07 PM
    • 61,709 Posts
    • 44,223 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:07 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:07 PM
    Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I will give it a miss, better the devil you know.
    Originally posted by swingaloo
    If you use a referral link from the referrer board you get some free listings so it might be worth trying the freebies and seeing how you get on.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • RFW
    • By RFW 13th Jan 19, 9:50 PM
    • 8,888 Posts
    • 5,128 Thanks
    RFW
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:50 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:50 PM
    I list on Etsy, I never sell on it.
    I actually forgot I'd ever put anything on it, I had a few listings on there that I'd sold out of on Amazon about 6 months earlier!

I buy a bit on there and used a seller for some Christmas presents in the last couple of years. I checked this year and their sales were shockingly low. It seems to me that it's more of a direct marketplace that sellers who use craft markets can get customers to buy from them online. So browser shopping in the way of Amazon and Ebay is much less.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

881Posts Today

6,818Users online

Martin's Twitter