Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MystArch89
    • By MystArch89 13th Jan 19, 7:57 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MystArch89
    New Build Snag
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:57 PM
    New Build Snag 13th Jan 19 at 7:57 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm due to complete soon on a new build by Bekerley Development in March.

During the last site visit, i was advised on the final completion date and handover, everything seems pretty much in place already. I was planning to have a snagging done by a third party, but the customer relation team said i would not need to as they will be having their own quality assurance and snagging team going through it during the next month.

Regardless i do feel that i should perhaps have a third party hired to run through a snagging ( Any recommendation by anyone perhaps which is good to use and reasonable ? ) I also had a search around and it seems like some sites/ snagger suggest doing the snag survey before the 2 year warranty that (bekerley) offer is up? and instead of doing it prior to the handover?

Or should i have it done twice? albeit a bit more money spent, but i rather have these issues ironed out rather than finding myself in a sinkhole years on. Apologies for the questions , first time buyer and having the first time buyer nerves
Page 1
    • middleclassbutpoor
    • By middleclassbutpoor 13th Jan 19, 8:06 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    middleclassbutpoor
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:06 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:06 PM
    If you can afford to get a 3rd party in, I would. They will no doubt spot things you will not and be more familiar with the regulations etc that they need to work to.
    • MystArch89
    • By MystArch89 13th Jan 19, 8:18 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    MystArch89
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:18 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:18 PM
    If you can afford to get a 3rd party in, I would. They will no doubt spot things you will not and be more familiar with the regulations etc that they need to work to.
    Originally posted by middleclassbutpoor
    Thanks for the reply . Would you advise which time frame should this be done ? Prior to handover / before the 2 year warranties period is up? Or both times?
    • middleclassbutpoor
    • By middleclassbutpoor 13th Jan 19, 8:27 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    middleclassbutpoor
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:27 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:27 PM
    You should ask for it to be done before you move in I believe.

If you speak to a reputable firm, they should guide you.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 13th Jan 19, 8:34 PM
    • 5,802 Posts
    • 6,602 Thanks
    societys child
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:34 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:34 PM
    Don't think snagging includes peering into sink holes . . .
    The EU
    A government who don't have a country, is that why they want ours?
    • MystArch89
    • By MystArch89 15th Jan 19, 11:45 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    MystArch89
    • 15th Jan 19, 11:45 AM
    • 15th Jan 19, 11:45 AM
    You should ask for it to be done before you move in I believe.

If you speak to a reputable firm, they should guide you.
    Originally posted by middleclassbutpoor
    Hi there,

Would you know of one? it seems like there's so many on web when i googled them and some that comes with such an expensive fee, almost close enough to my purchase solicitor fees..

I've just finally received confirmation for a completion date now. So have to kick this ball into rolling.
    • sal_III
    • By sal_III 15th Jan 19, 1:11 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 747 Thanks
    sal_III
    • 15th Jan 19, 1:11 PM
    • 15th Jan 19, 1:11 PM
    If I was going to get a "professional" snagger I would do it before completion so you get get the main issues sorted before you move in and while the builders are on site. Minimises disruption to your life.

If by the end of the 2 years warranty you haven't spotted an issue, what are the odds the "professional" snagger will spot it in 2-3 hours inspection?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

2,319Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This probably (who knows) makes it both more likely we'll remain in the EU via a 2nd referendum and more likely we'? https://t.co/GrNV48E1jS

• Instant aftermath poll: After a defeat by over 230 votes on a flagship issue (Brexit) should Theresa May resign?

• Wow losing by over 200. That's not defeat it's obliteration. Has there ever been a time before when a PM could lo? https://t.co/i0sVwL9P9P

• Follow Martin