Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • abbiesmom
    • By abbiesmom 13th Jan 19, 6:52 PM
    • 76Posts
    • 22Thanks
    abbiesmom
    Arrears written off
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:52 PM
    Arrears written off 13th Jan 19 at 6:52 PM
    I have just had a letter from the CMS that they have written off debt owed to me. Are they able to do this without first consulting me to find out my wishes? As far as I'm concerned this is owed to me and not them so any choice made to write off the debt should be mine and not theirs.
    What do you think? Is there anything I can do to recover the debt. It's over 3k owed
Page 1
    • CakeCrusader
    • By CakeCrusader 14th Jan 19, 12:07 AM
    • 765 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    CakeCrusader
    • 14th Jan 19, 12:07 AM
    • 14th Jan 19, 12:07 AM
    It may be that they have absolutely no way of getting this for you. Are you able to give them a call in the morning so they can explain their decision to you?
    • abbiesmom
    • By abbiesmom 18th Jan 19, 6:00 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    abbiesmom
    • 18th Jan 19, 6:00 PM
    • 18th Jan 19, 6:00 PM
    Thank you, I have spoken to them and they advise that legislation was passed enabling them to do this and there is no recourse and the decision is final.
    • Deano777
    • By Deano777 23rd Jan 19, 10:18 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 206 Thanks
    Deano777
    • 23rd Jan 19, 10:18 PM
    • 23rd Jan 19, 10:18 PM
    Can I ask how long the arreas have been owed? Have you had a liability order? And when?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,095Posts Today

6,269Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @AskJames: Someone quickly marry me so I can justify buying this. I do. "Tesco is selling a five tier wedding cake made of cheese - an?

• Today's FRIDAY twitter poll: Draconian & absurd new laws by May/Corbyn/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dicta? https://t.co/umCa8jP7LT

• Now come on that's a bit unfair!!!!! I could've done a handstand (well headstand) first if you'd asked! Sheesh! https://t.co/01Pf9Z99B1

• Follow Martin