Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 13th Jan 19, 6:06 PM
    • 27,366Posts
    • 58,409Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Jigsaw library
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:06 PM
    Jigsaw library 13th Jan 19 at 6:06 PM
    Do such things exist? If a jigsaw fan, would you use one?

This might sound a bit of a strange question but I bought my little niece a box set of jigsaws as part of her Christmas present. She's getting the hang of it (I refuted her "let's give up" hard yesterday ) but the unpredictable surprise is that my mum really enjoyed helping her. She then went on to tell me how good she was at jigsaws as a child with a glint in her eye and a big smile on her face.

So I resolved to look out for more complete sets for her during future outings to the chazzer - but then it occurred to me, when it's completed, that's it, there's not much point in hanging on to it. So a library would be a great idea, except I imagine it would take quite a bit of policing to make sure all the bits are returned.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Page 1
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 13th Jan 19, 6:58 PM
    • 4,199 Posts
    • 11,667 Thanks
    Hermia
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:58 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:58 PM
    I've never heard of one and I imagine that is because it would be a complete nightmare. I have worked in libraries and lending out normal stuff is bad enough. If people bought a stack of audiobooks back we would have to check to make sure all the discs were in each box and it could be time-consuming. Every day multiple people would have left one of the discs at home.

The biggest issue with a jigsaw library is how it would be funded. People would inevitably lose pieces and the jigsaw would not be able to be lent out again so your stock would be depleted very quickly. And trying to get people to pay to replace stuff they have lost/broken is a nightmare.

What might work well would be some sort of swapping group on Facebook or in real life.
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 13th Jan 19, 7:28 PM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 51,309 Thanks
    camelot1001
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:28 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:28 PM
    Our local library has a jigsaw section.
    • Linda32
    • By Linda32 13th Jan 19, 7:33 PM
    • 4,257 Posts
    • 9,339 Thanks
    Linda32
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:33 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:33 PM
    http://www.britishjigsawpuzzlelibrary.co.uk/

It appears that there is a library, but looking at the subscription price it would be cheaper to buy from a charity shop and then return when completed.

You can buy jigsaw glue if you wished to mount them. I have a winter and summer scene (of the same picture) on our stairs and a holiday view.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,325Posts Today

9,070Users online

Martin's Twitter