Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tmoore94
    • By Tmoore94 13th Jan 19, 3:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tmoore94
    Private parking fine & images taken of me & a colleague
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:26 PM
    Private parking fine & images taken of me & a colleague 13th Jan 19 at 3:26 PM
    Hi,

After going to a meeting in Manchester with a colleague I have recently received a parking fine from a private company. Along with the fine letter they have also taken picture of me and the colleague walking into the meeting building and then also coming out about an hour or so later. These photos werenít from a parking camera they have clearly been taken by someone (who appears to have been waiting for us). This surely canít be right or legal?

Any help & advice would be great,

Thank you,

Tom
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jan 19, 3:30 PM
    • 21,293 Posts
    • 33,516 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:30 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:30 PM
    For what 'offence' has the parking charge been issued?

Who has issued it?
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 3:31 PM
    • 2,757 Posts
    • 3,443 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:31 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:31 PM
    its not a fine

looks like the car park terms were that you had not to leave the site , and they have got good clear pictures to show you did

fantastic evidence and not illegal

please read the newbies thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822 if you have questions regarding inital appeal , come back here (do not add to that thread) and ask away
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 3:45 PM
    • 38,500 Posts
    • 86,321 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:45 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:45 PM
    It is not a fine.

What is the name of the parking company please?

Their photo evidence will be of use to the parking company if they have additional photos of the same people getting into or out of a car that breached the conditions of use for a private car park.

Taking photos of people in public is not illegal.

This does not mean that you should give up. Start by reading the sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the appeal template in blue that you will find there.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,520Posts Today

9,484Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin