Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • whyshouldwe
    • By whyshouldwe 13th Jan 19, 3:20 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    whyshouldwe
    Railway parking APCOA
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:20 PM
    Railway parking APCOA 13th Jan 19 at 3:20 PM
    Hello, I have just received a PCN - NTK from APCOA for contravention of private carpark without valid payment. (ANPR image very grainy and cannot ID driver)
    The alleged date is 13/12/2018 and the notice states issued on 07/01/2019.
    The alleged offence occurred on railway property.

Can anyone see grounds for appeal?

Thank you
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 3:25 PM
    • 39,120 Posts
    • 87,383 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:25 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:25 PM
    Lots of grounds for appeal, and CRAPCOA are easy to beat.

Please start by reading the sticky thread for NEWBIES that was just underneath where you clicked on the button.

Send the appeal template in blue text you will find there as late as possible without missing the appeal deadline.

If/when it is rejected, make a second stage appeal to PoPLA using all relevant points from post 3 of the NEWBIES.

Do a forum search, set to show posts, and look for other CRAPCOA railway case. Byelaws will apply so it becomes statute barred after 6 months. You just need to drag it out until then.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Jan 19, 3:26 PM
    • 12,439 Posts
    • 12,562 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:26 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:26 PM
    There are a multitude of grounds for appeal, the main one is that the land is covered by railway bye-laws. It is all covered in the stickies/FAQs, have you not read them?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 4:16 PM
    • 39,120 Posts
    • 87,383 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jan 19, 4:16 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 4:16 PM
    Unfortunately it appears the OP wasted a lot of time looking at the useless MSE Andrea sticky, not the NEWBIES. I really wish that old out of date inaccurate thread could be deleted.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-01-2019 at 4:26 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 4:22 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    • 13th Jan 19, 4:22 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 4:22 PM
    There are a multitude of grounds for appeal, the main one is that the land is covered by railway bye-laws. It is all covered in the stickies/FAQs, have you not read them?
    Originally posted by The Deep
    How do you know it's covered by byelaws?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 4:24 PM
    • 39,120 Posts
    • 87,383 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jan 19, 4:24 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 4:24 PM
    Originally posted by Parkingfines
    The OP said the alleged offence occurred on railway property..

Railway property (land) is covered by Railway byelaws.
    I don't have a sister.

• whyshouldwe
    • By whyshouldwe 13th Jan 19, 6:00 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    whyshouldwe
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:00 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:00 PM
    Yes it is Princess Risborough Railway Station carpark, thank you for the advise I am just going to start the process! Is there any grounds with the date in that the alleged offence was 13th Dec and they only served NTK on 7th January? Does the 6 months start from date of offence or 7th January and can they chase the RK of the vehicle or do they need the driver? Do I need to reveal the driver?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jan 19, 6:05 PM
    • 13,592 Posts
    • 14,813 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:05 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:05 PM
    Do not reveal the driver's identity.

They already know who the registered keeper is - that's all they need to know.
    • whyshouldwe
    • By whyshouldwe 13th Jan 19, 6:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    whyshouldwe
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:19 PM
    templates
    • 13th Jan 19, 6:19 PM
    Hi sorry I am being a biff, I can't find the templates? do you have a link as there is tons of stuff and some very technical!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Jan 19, 6:20 PM
    • 21,800 Posts
    • 27,399 Thanks
    Redx
    top of this forum, third thread down , NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 6:39 PM
    • 39,120 Posts
    • 87,383 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Hi sorry I am being a biff, I can't find the templates? do you have a link as there is tons of stuff and some very technical!
    Originally posted by whyshouldwe
    It was immediately underneath the old useless out of date sticky by MSE Andrea you were looking at earlier.

Like I said before, it's just underneath where you clicked on the button when you started this thread.

The stickies do move up and down and change order, but they are always at the top of the main page.

By giving you a link, we will not be helping you to learn how to navigate around the forum. You need to understand the basics first.

The template you want is in post 1 of the NEWBIES and is in blue text.
    The thread you want begins **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THIS FIRST ...

The six months starts from the date of the alleged event.

Sending the NTK after 14 days means it is too late to transfer liability to The Keeper. However, where byelaws apply, the Keeper is not liable. This will be an appeal point at PoPLA, which is the second stage after the PPC rejected the original appeal to them.

Parking companies tell lies by the way.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-01-2019 at 6:46 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Jan 19, 8:25 AM
    • 12,439 Posts
    • 12,562 Thanks
    The Deep
    Originally posted by Parkingfines
    I do not. I did not say it was.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Jan 19, 8:36 AM
    • 12,439 Posts
    • 12,562 Thanks
    The Deep
    Have you read this,

https://www.bing.com/search?q=residential+parking+prankster&form=EDNTHT &mkt=en-gb&httpsmsn=1&refig=6b205a8e8a5f4ed4912946a7c22d3b 81&PC=ACTS&sp=-1&pq=residential+parking+prankster&sc=1-29&qs=n&sk=&cvid=6b205a8e8a5f4ed4912946a7c22d3b81

Do no get too hung up on who was driving, it is not usually important in "own space" PCNs where your winning card should be "primacy of contract"

You might like to consider counter claiming for harassment, trespass, tortuous interference. These parasites should be banned from residential parking.

It is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business.

Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jan 19, 9:20 PM
    • 68,551 Posts
    • 80,769 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes it is Princess Risborough Railway Station carpark, thank you for the advise I am just going to start the process! Is there any grounds with the date in that the alleged offence was 13th Dec and they only served NTK on 7th January?
    Originally posted by whyshouldwe
    Stop looking for other reasons to appeal. NO.

Just use the FORUM TEMPLATE (not MSE's template int he awful article).

If you had simply searched this forum for APCOA Railway you'd know why we laugh at them and that everyone beats them by using the advice in the NEWBIES thread (not the MSE article).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

717Posts Today

6,829Users online

Martin's Twitter