Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dlpfan2019
    • By dlpfan2019 13th Jan 19, 2:20 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 6Thanks
    dlpfan2019
    National Insurance Record Gap- incorrect
    • 13th Jan 19, 2:20 PM
    National Insurance Record Gap- incorrect 13th Jan 19 at 2:20 PM
    Hi all,

I have just registered for the Government Gateway and it shows a gap of 3 years in which it states I made no contributions.

I was employed full time during this period so this is obviously an error and can only assume they marked it incorrectly where I worked.

I was going to call HMRC during the week but does anyone know what process I need to go through with this? Its further complicated as the company has since closed down but I am sure I have some old pay slips here that show I was working at the time

Any advice greatly appreciated
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 13th Jan 19, 5:12 PM
    • 2,747 Posts
    • 3,325 Thanks
    venison
    • 13th Jan 19, 5:12 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 5:12 PM
    Can you be sure the former employer didn't deduct the N.I but not pass it on? It does happen especially with smaller companies.
    The other point to bear in mind is that you will only need 35 full years N.I to get the SRP.
    Brexit here we c................crash.
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 14th Jan 19, 12:04 AM
    • 6,602 Posts
    • 7,149 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 14th Jan 19, 12:04 AM
    • 14th Jan 19, 12:04 AM
    The other point to bear in mind is that you will only need 35 full years N.I to get the SRP.
    Originally posted by venison

Not necessarily true unless the OP started working only after the new State Pension was introduced in April 2016. Transitional rules mean that people with years accumulated under the old scheme may need more or less than 35 to reach the new maximum - a personal state pension forecast will give individual details.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 14th Jan 19, 6:35 AM
    • 1,231 Posts
    • 832 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 14th Jan 19, 6:35 AM
    • 14th Jan 19, 6:35 AM
    Do you keep your tax records? A P60 will show NI paid for the year.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,081Posts Today

8,837Users online

Martin's Twitter