Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Astu1
    • By Astu1 13th Jan 19, 12:00 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Astu1
    Late payment just before mortgage completion
    • 13th Jan 19, 12:00 PM
    Late payment just before mortgage completion 13th Jan 19 at 12:00 PM
    Hi. Looking for more advice.
    We are due to buy and complete our mortgage on the 1st of feb. Been very awkward to get this far due to me being paid c.i.s but we are here. 18 days away. Now a big spanner in the works. My wife has a very account. Her payment was due on friday but due to being in hospital she paid it 1 day late. Yes she should have a had a direct debt set up but she didn't. Now she will get a late payment fee and poss a late payment mark on her credit file.

How long does it take for that to go on your credit file.??

Shes already told very.co.uk about it. They say they will refund the late payment fee once it goes on her account due to it being 1st time its happened and the reason why. But im worried now because our mortgage lender will do a final credit check just before realising the funds and will see this and possibly withdraw offer.. all for a 5.00.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,658Posts Today

8,198Users online

Martin's Twitter