Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trailingspouse
    • By trailingspouse 13th Jan 19, 11:29 AM
    • 3,461Posts
    • 5,904Thanks
    trailingspouse
    Another switching thread
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:29 AM
    Another switching thread 13th Jan 19 at 11:29 AM
    OH and I have a joint account, but we've decided to call it a day and go our separate ways. So, we're going to need two sole bank accounts. I know you can't switch from joint to sole, but I think one of us at least should attempt to get some sort of switching bonus. Money is going to be tight for both of us, so daft not to get it if we can.

Could we change the joint account into a sole account (say, he just opens an account elsewhere, we divi up the cash and transfer all 'his' direct debits across, and the joint account goes into my sole name), then I switch to a bank that better suits my needs and get whatever bonus is going? (And before you ask, we're civilised people, and whatever cash incentive I got I would share 50:50 with him!).

And while I'm on the subject, which would be the best bank account for someone who wasn't switching? I'm sure there was a thread on here not so very long ago about that, but I can't find it.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

747Posts Today

6,576Users online

Martin's Twitter